Chapter Twenty-Eight

You woke up, still in the same room. The muzzle was still on you and your wrists had been tied behind your back. You looked out the window and noted that the sun was high in the sky, meaning that a lot of time had passed since you were sedated. 'I need to sit up at least...' You managed to push yourself upwards into a comfortable sitting position. You froze when the doorknob jiggled. "..." The door opened and Sakai came in. He left the door open, which confused you. "You're finally awake. Good timing, pet." You hissed at him as you curled up against the wall. He chuckled. "Don't worry, pet. The tranquilizer won't hurt your spawn. I need them after all. But that's not what I'm here for." You ignored him. He turned to the doorway and gestured to someone in the hall. Two men entered the room, dragging someone with them. Your eyes widened. "Nemuri!"

She looked up at you. "(Y-Y/n)?" Sakai grinned. The two men dropped Midnight onto the floor and exited the room. He turned to you. "Your little friends were looking for you, so I decided to give them a little warning shot. She'll make a fine breeder." You hissed at him. "Leave her alone! Your problem is with me." He laughed. "But what would this little game be without no pain or suffering on your part?" You paused, looking down at the mattress. You knew what he was doing. Your voice shook. "Please...Leave her alone. Please." He looked at you, a look of interest on his face. "Begging? I quite like that. Do it again." You looked down at Midnight. Her chest heaved as she took deep breaths. You swallowed the lump in your throat. 'If this is what it takes to save us, then so be it.' You looked back at Sakai. He rose a brow. "Well?"

You spoke. "Please, she has nothing to do with this. Let her go...please." He nudged Midnight with his foot before looking at you. "Mm, I can't do that. But, I'll leave her in here. She can't help you anyways." He took once last look at Midnight before leaving the room. The door slammed closed and the lock clicked. You called out to Midnight. "Nemuri! Nemuri, please wake up!" She slowly started to wake up. "W-Wha...(Y/n)!" She quickly stood up and went over to you. You turned and looked over your shoulder at your tied hands. She reached towards the rope. "Here. I'll untie you." After a few minutes, the rope fell onto the bed with a muffled thud. You turned to her. "Did they do anything to you?" She shook her head. "I should be asking you that. They muzzled you!" You sighed. "I can't take it off. He put a lock on the back..." She put a hand on your shoulder. "Shota and Hizashi are looking for us. I know it." Midnight pulled you into a hug, comforting you. "We'll get out of here. I promise."

...

Aizawa and Mic had searched every alleyway in the vicinity, but found no trace of Midnight or her attackers. Mic turned to Aizawa. "We've been searching since yesterday. We need to get back to campus." Aizawa shook his head. "We need to find them. Our classes can-" Mic interrupted him. "They can't wait anymore. If we cancel another class, the entirety of 1-A will fail the hero course." Aizawa paused. "..." Aizawa looked towards the ground. He sighed before looking back up at Mic. "Let's get back to campus. But once classes are over, we're continuing the search." Mic nodded. "Fine." The two turned and started the long walk back to UA. Aizawa couldn't let 1-A's hard work go to waste, but he also couldn't let you or your unborn child get hurt. Once the two arrived back on campus, the bell rang to signify the start of classes. The two separated and went to their respective classrooms.

Aizawa kicked Vlad out of the room before turning to the rest of the class. "We're doing textbook work today. Turn to page 405 and complete the page. Don't bother me." He curled up in his sleeping bag turned away from the class. He wasn't in the mood for their antics, but they were unusually quiet. 'At least they're reading the atmosphere.'

...

Classes ended for the day and 1-A watched as Aizawa quickly left the room. In the back of the room, Mina turned to the rest of the girls. "I think Ms. (L/n)'s in trouble again." Momo looked at her. "But we can we do?" Mina stomped her foot on the floor. "Save her, obviously!" Uraraka smiled. "Let's go!" The rest of the girls quickly followed Mina out of the room and down the hall to the dorms. They quickly got changed and left the dorms. Mina whispered to the girls. "Look. Let's follow them." Mina pointed to Mic and Aizawa, who were leaving through the gates. The girls nodded. Momo muttered to them. "Let's go save Ms. (L/n)!" They all stealthily followed the two teachers through the gates and into the city.

...

It had been hours since Midnight was left in the room with you. The two of you sat on the bed together, staring out the window. "What do we do? I can't get this muzzle off, I can't fight, and the door's locked..." Midnight squeezed your shoulder. "We'll get out of here soon. I know it." You sighed. "But-" She cut you off. "No buts. We will get out." You moved onto the side of the bed closest to the wall and laid down. You groaned as you felt a headache coming on. Midnight turned to you. "Are you alright?" You nodded. "Yeah. I think-" The air tightened in your chest as a series of coughs wracked your body. Midnight picked up the small garbage bin from the floor and put it in front of you. "(Y/n), what's wrong?!" You tasted iron in your mouth as your coughing fit subsided. You spit into the garbage can, watching as red flecked the white bag. Midnight's eyes widened. "Sh*t!" You stared at the trash can in shock. "W-Why now...?!"

You felt yourself begin to sweat as chills wracked your body. You quickly laid back down, curling up in the thin blanket. Midnight's voice shook nervously. "Are you sick? What's going on?" You couldn't answer her. Air rattled in and out of your lungs like a buzzsaw. Just breathing sent shots of pain through your body.

This was what you feared...