Chapter Seven

After singing Eri to sleep, you awkwardly told Aizawa goodnight before leaving. Once outside, you leaned against the wall, trying to gather your thoughts. Then, a voice caught your attention. "What's with the sad face, Molly?"

Note: 'Molly' is another name for a female cat. It's a universal term for all female cats.

You sighed. "Oh, Mic. It's just you." You turned to face Mic, forcing a small smile onto your face. You looked at him. His hair was down and loose and he looked to be turning in for the night. "You look sad. And you came out of Shota's dorm. Was he being grumpy?" You shook your head. "No, no. It's just...I might like him but I don't know if he feels the same or if it was just in the heat of the moment." Mic hummed curiously. "Well, what happened?" You hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Well...We almost kissed, but Eri interrupted us." Mic's eyes widened. "Shota? Kissing? This is serious!" You looked at him, confused. "It is?" He nodded frantically. "It's very serious! But you can't let him have you just like that!" You tilted your head, slightly confused by his words. You bit your lip. "What do you mean?"

He huffed. "Play hard to get! Let him know that you're not an easy catch!" He grabbed your hand and started dragging you down the hall. As you walked, you spoke. "Where are we going?" He looked over his shoulder at you. "We're going to see Nemuri! She'll know exactly what to do." A few minutes later, you stopped in front of another dorm room. The smell of cheap perfume and wine came from inside, making you wrinkle your nose. Mic knocked on the door and a few minutes later, a dark-haired woman opened the door. Her glasses were slanted on the bridge of her nose. "What do you need, Hizashi?" Her gaze moved over to you. Suddenly, she grinned widely and pulled you inside, Mic following behind the two of you. "Hizashi's told me all about you!" Mic spoke up. "Nemuri, we need your help. Shota was going to kiss her and got interrupted! It's a code red!"

Midnight grinned widely. "Oh, I've got this. We need to make him jealous and I might know how." She sat you on a chair and then started digging around in her closet. After a few minutes, she pulled out an outfit from the very back and showed it to you. "Here, wear this!" You looked down at the clothes. "Um..." She shoved the outfit into your arms and made Mic leave the room before turning to you. "Put it on!" You hesitated. "Ok..." You went into the bathroom and changed into the outfit. It fit surprisingly nicely. After a few seconds of making sure the dress was fitted right, you left the bathroom. Midnight squealed. "You look amazing! Try these shoes!" She handed you a pair of round toe pumps with ankle straps. Thankfully, they were short heels, so you didn't have to worry about wobbling or falling. You put them on and she led you to a full length body mirror. She stood behind you, putting her hands on your shoulders. "You look great, honey! Shota will be absolutely drooling over you!" You looked at her. "Drooling over me? It's not like he's going to see me, right?" Midnight shook her head and picked up a paper from her small work desk. She held it up in front of you, allowing you to read what it said.

65th Annual UA Ceremonial Dinner – Recipient of invitation may bring a +1.

You looked up at her. "But I-" She cut you off. "Hizashi is taking you as his plus one! I'll be going with Shota. This plan is foolproof!" You rose a brow. "What exactly is this plan?" Midnight started to ramble. "Hizashi is going to act like he's into you and compliment you, while I point it out to Shota and if he reacts, then we'll know he's serious!" You slowly nodded your head and she grinned even wider. She let you change back into your regular clothes and take the outfit with you. "Hizashi will be picking you up from your dorm at 8:00!" You nodded. "Alright. I hope this doesn't backfire." You started the short walk back to your dorm. You turned the corner and stopped in front of your door. Just then, a familiar voice reached your ears.

It was Aizawa. "(Y/n)-" Someone else cut him off. Mic. "Hey, Molly, I need to ask you something!" Mic came up beside Aizawa, smiling. Aizawa fell silent as he watched the two of you. You turned to Mic. "What do you need, Mic?" Mic chuckled. "Oh, don't be so formal. Call me Hizashi. Anyways, I'm going to this dinner tonight and I need a plus one. You want to go?" You glanced at Aizawa, noticing how his face had dropped slightly. You nodded to Mic. "Sure. I'd love too." Mic grinned. "Great! I'll pick you up at 8:00." Mic turned and walked back down the hall, disappearing around the corner. You turned to Aizawa. "What did you need, Shota?" Aizawa looked away from you. "Oh, never mind. It's nothing. I have to go talk to Nemuri." Aizawa briskly walked past you and once he was out of sight, your shoulders sagged. You went into your dorm and put the outfit in your closet. 'I hope I didn't upset him...'

You found that Midnight had also taken the liberty of putting some makeup in the drawers of your vanity. You laid on your bed and put your phone on charge before setting an alarm and taking a nap.

Note: You were given essentials like a phone, clothing, etc, when they brought you to UA.

...

You woke up to the sound of your alarm ringingand turned it off, rubbing your eyes as you sat up. It was now 7:00. "Alright,time to get ready..." You took a quick shower before styling your hair and doingyour makeup. You got dressed, careful not to get makeup on your clothes. Youlooked in the mirror. 'I really am a Cinderella story, huh?' You wereknocked out of your thoughts by the sound of a knock on your door. You grabbedyour bag and phone before answering the door. Mic stood outside in a moreformal version of his usual leather attire. You spotted Aizawa and Midnightcoming up the hall. "Hey..." Mic smiled. "You look beautiful. Are you ready togo?" You nodded. "Yes. Let's go." The four of you walked together, Midnightcommenting on your appearance to Aizawa, but he only ignored her. The four ofyou stopped outside the school gates. A sleek black limousine was waiting bythe curb. Mic opened the door. "Ladies first." The ride to the restaurant wasmostly silent. You spent the entire time glancing out the window. It was almostsuffocating. Once you arrived, Aizawa and Midnight got out first. Midnightwinked before getting out completely. Mic looked at you. "Shall we?"