Chapter Four

Everyone fell silent as the main door to the building opened and closed. Out of habit, you hardened your ears and tail. A few seconds later, Aizawa stepped into the room. "Looks like you're all getting along rather well." Eri squealed. "Papa!" Eri jumped out of your arms and went over to him. She smiled. "Is Ms. Kitty staying with us?" Aizawa nodded. "Yes, she'll be staying for a while." Eri cheered. "Yay!" Eri yawned and Shinsou took her upstairs for her nap. The rest of the class looked at Aizawa. Iida spoke first. "Sir, who exactly is she and why is she here?" Aizawa turned to them. "..." Aizawa looked at you before speaking. You nodded at him and looked down at your lap. "This is (Y/n) (L/n). She was a captive of a quirk trafficking ring. We saved her along with the rest of the captives." A collective gasp rang out from the students. The girls looked concerned and the boys looked ready to murder someone. Mina bit at her fingernails. "That must've been so scary..." You nodded. "It...It was, but I'm safe now. So don't worry about it."

You disabled your quirk, letting your ears and tail go back to normal. Aizawa gestured for you to follow him, so you bid the students goodbye and followed him. He took you out of the room and led you up to his own dorm room. Inside, you caught sight of Shinsou leaving one of the small rooms. "She's-" Aizawa cut him off. "Again?" Shinsou nodded. "What do we do?" You looked between the two, trying to decipher what they were talking about. Shinsou looked at you before looking back at Aizawa. "She likes her. So maybe..." Aizawa shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt to try." Aizawa turned to you, gesturing to the room Shinsou had just come from. "Eri is a bit fussy and doesn't want to nap. Could you try and calm her?" You hesitated. "Um...sure..." You quietly entered the room, only to find Eri sitting on the bed with her knees pulled to her chest. You kneeled next her on the floor by the bed. "Hey sweetie, why don't you want to nap? Hm?" Eri shuddered. "S-Scary dreams. I don't like them..."

You hummed. "I see. Nightmares can be very scary sometimes, but you're brave, right? Just like your papa?" Eri smiled. "I am brave!" You smiled and ruffled her hair, making her giggle and then yawn as she rubbed at her eyes. "Yes, you are. I'll sing you a lullaby, but you have to take your nap." Eri nodded. "Ok..." Eri laid down and you covered her with her blanket. She turned on her side to watch you as you sang the lullaby. You smiled. "Wandering child of the earth, do you know just how much you're worth? You have walked this path since your birth. You were destined for more..." You finished the lullaby and looked at Eri. She was asleep, a peaceful look on her face. You quietly exited the room and found Aizawa sitting alone in the small living room on the sofa. "Is she asleep?" You nodded. "Yes. She's peacefully sleeping."

Aizawa sighed. "Good. Now, the reason I brought you in here was to talk to you about Yami." You looked at him, trying not to give away how you felt in that moment. Aizawa continued. "We still have not been able to track down Yami, but there have been no recent abductions, so the ring hasn't been restarted...yet." You looked down. "..." Aizawa continued. "We also believe that Yami may be waiting for an opportunity to abduct you again. When the building was stormed, each room was checked. In a room we're certain was Yami's, there was..." You rose a brow. "There was...?" Aizawa opened the drawer of the table next to the sofa and pulled out a stack of papers being held together by a paperclip. "I think it'd be better if you saw for yourself."

You picked up the stack of papers and leaned back in your seat as you read the words that lined the paper. 'What the hell...?!' Each paper was of the loose-leaf variety and were written on with red ink. Some had photos of you attached. They all showed varying degrees of your injuries, going from freshly made all the way to scarred. The writings on the papers made your stomach roll inexplicably. You read them over and over, hoping to find some kind of miraculous answer to all of this.

***************************************************************************************

The neko girl is more valuable than any other girl we've abducted. Her ears and tail alone are worth thousands of dollars. But removing them proves to be too dangerous. If the appendage is forcibly removed while hardened, it returns to its fleshy state. We will have to find another way remove them.

***************************************************************************************

Aizawa spoke, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Has he tried to cut your ears before?" You nodded. "It was only once and after that, he never did it again. He chained me up and tried to crack off one of my ears with the butt of his knife. A small part broke off and my quirk forcibly disabled itself. You can kind of see it on my left ear." He looked up at your left ear. On the flesh just above your hair, a very small part was missing. It left your ear slightly floating on the bottom. "I see. For now, you are not to go anywhere alone. If you need to go somewhere, please tell Hizashi or I and one of us will go with you." You crossed your arms over your chest. "I'm 27 and physically capable of handling myself. I sure as hell don't need any babysitters." Aizawa narrowed his eyes. "This is not up for discussion. You could be kidnapped again, or even killed this time."

You paused. "..." You stood and exited Aizawa's dorm, opting to go into your own instead of going back to the students. You locked the door and flopped onto the bed. 'I get that they're concerned, but it's like being confined all over again.' You got up off the bed and walked over to the closet. You slid open the door and looked at the clothes inside. It was mostly hoodies, leggings, and the like. You pulled out an outfit and got dressed before heading to the door. You peeked out and saw Aizawa locking his dorm. You closed the door back and locked it before heading towards the window. 'It looks like a 15 foot drop, but I should be able to climb down if I'm careful...' You slid the window open and stepped out onto the windowsill. You extended your claws and dug them into the wall. You carefully climbed down the side of the building.

After 10 minutes, you made it to the ground. You dusted your hands off after retracting your claws. You walked out of the school's gates and noticed a familiar group of students. A few of them waved to you. Mina smiled. "Ms. (L/n), where are you going?" You approached the group of students. So far, you counted 8 of them: Bakugou and Kirishima were behind the group, Momo and Jirou were standing next to Mina, and Todoroki and Deku were having a conversation with Iida and Ochaco. "I was just going to walk aroud the city. What are you kids up to?" Mina grinned widely. "We're going shopping! And actually, we need a chaperone. Would you be ours?" You nodded. "Sure. Let's go."

The group nodded to you in appreciation andsoon, they were on their way to the mall. However, this fun shopping tripwouldn't end the way you thought it would...