THE MEET

Shakayla's POV

Me, destiny and Kaya decided to go out and treat ourselves to a bite to eat. It's a new restaurant that opened in the city called "capolavoro". It's a nice fantasy restaurant.

When we arrived to the restaurant it was huge and elegant

When we arrived to the restaurant it was huge and elegant. Everyone was dressed up so nice. I must say when I was younger I never really cared about how I dressed. Just as long as I was comfortable. It wasn't until I moved to upstate New York that I started dressing differently.

We were seated as soon as we got in. Almost everything on the menu was seafood which I loved. When the waitress came she poured us some water and took our orders.

As we sat and talked-waiting for our food a group of men came in and a select few people turned their heads towards them. They all were tall and had on dark colored suites. Every last one of them was fine as hell. I was looking at each of them until my eyes landed on a man that walked in last. He had an all black suite on and his hair was in a curly fade. The way he unbuttoned his suit jacket to sit down made my insides tingle a little.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"What?" Destiny said.

"A fine ass white man just walked in." They was turning to look. "Don't look at the same time dummies." I said through my gritted teeth. Destiny act like she dropped something and kaya acted like she was looking at the scenery of the place.

"They are fine but not my type." Kaya said.

"What's your type?" I asked.

"A chocolate fella, with nice teeth and a beard, Ouu ain't nothing like a brotha." She said acting like she had a chill.

"It's a good thing I don't have a type." Destiny said.

"Me either, if you fine, treat me right and your respect and loyal. Shit mind as well marry me right then and there."

"I know that's right." Destiny responded.

Our food came out and we continued on talking about men. I felt like eyes were on me. I looked at the table where all the guys were and I could feel the guy eyes on me.

"Y'all he was looking at me." I said calmly.

"Go get his number rere."

"No, he's probably not even into black women."

"Go act like you have to use the bathroom, when you walk in that direction if he shifts and looks at you then he wants you." Kaya said.

"Ok, I look good?"

"Always."

"Wish me luck hoes."

I got up grabbing my phone and headed to the bathroom. As I was walking by his table we never lost eye contact. His eyes scanned my body as if I was the last meal he'll ever have. I gave him a little smirk and kept walking.

I went to the bathroom and fixed myself up then headed back to the table. As I was walking I bumped into someone.

"Oup I'm s-" when I looked up it was him. His hazel/green eyes and the scruff on his face with his full lips. I was in a daze.

"S-sorry" I said clearing my throat.

"No pardon me bellissima." He said with a slight smirk.

I started walking to the table. He said something in another language as I walked away. The girls was packing up our things ready to go.

"Wait how much was everything?"

"We don't know they said our bill was taken care of." Kaya shrugged.

"Aww that was nice, did they say who?"

"Nope." Destiny said with a hard P.

"Oh ok well, god bless them."

_____

It's been 5 months since I've graduated from NYU and I started my journalist/ influencer job. I only had to be in the office twice a week. Other than that I work from home. I'm the first person in my family to graduate from college. I moved out of my parents house a week before graduation. I wanted to feel more independent. I never thought at the age of 25 I would be working my dream job and living on my own. It's the best feeling. I moved from Nevada to upstate New York.

That was a big leap for me. I loved my home back in Nevada but it was time for a change. I have an assignment for work due in two weeks. I have to interview and write a story about a billionaire named Antonio Russo. Our company is number 5 in the country with our articles so I have to make sure this one is good. My last assignment I had to do Dylan O'Brien. Which was interesting.

I got up and started getting ready for my interview. I put on some charcoal jeans and a long sleeve black turtleneck with black heels. I let my natural curls loose and I headed out. I called myself an uber to the address my supervisor sent me. When we pulled up it was a tall wall with security standing outside of it. When we drove up it was 2 guys with big guns. I rolled down my window to talk to them.

"Hello I'm Shakayla Janai here to interview Antonio Russo." He nodded his head and backed up. The wall opened and it revealed a huge house.

"Holy fucking shit, do you know this person?" The Uber driver asked.

"No not at all I'm just hear for an interview, to be honest I'm kind of scared."

"Shit, I would be scared too. What the fuck. All those security guards in here and out there. I don't know girl be safe."

"If I go missing use this address." I said laughing and she began laughing with me.

"I'm praying for you, good luck."

"Thank you have a good day."

"You too." She said pulling off.

Ok Shakayla get your shit together!

I said to myself. I inhaled then exhaled then walked to the door.