twentyeight

It was about 7:15am when Hoseok burst into Yoongi's bedroom and hurdled himself onto the bed.

The tiny ball curled up under the covers groaned, refusing to acknowledge the younger's attempt to wake him up.

Hoseok poked his shoulder repeatedly, "Yoongi hyung! Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!"

Yoongi tried to shove him away with his foot as he pushed his head under the pillow. "I hate you."

"No, you love me," Hoseok corrected him, unfazed. He was used to the man's early morning personality at this point. He pulled the duvet cover back, ripping away the man's source of warmth. "And it's because you love me that you're gonna wake up because otherwise we're going to be late."

Yoongi made an incoherent grumbling noise before finally opening his eyes. Hoseok encouraged him with a quick peck before taking his hands and helping him out of bed. The man's oversized black t-shirt fell just past his waist and his baggy shorts exposed most of his thin pale legs.

"I can't believe you're making me get up so damn early just to go to the amusement park," Yoongi complained, following his boyfriend out to the kitchen where a steaming mug of coffee awaited him. "And with Seokjin and the Yeti no less."

"Seokjin and Namjoon really want to get to know you better," Hoseok pouted. That wasn't entirely true. Seokjin had suggested that they all get to know one another better, Namjoon wasn't so fond of the idea. "They're both really important to me, so just be nice okay?"

"I'm always nice," Yoongi retorted, taking small sips of the scalding bean juice.

"Um yeah of course you are," The red head giggled, packing a bag with water bottles and sunscreen.

After he finished his coffee, a mildly cheerier Yoongi went to get dressed. A black and white striped shirt and slim-fit black jeans. He was never one to be fancy with his wardrobe, but still, he felt the need to dress up a little for the double date. When he exited the bedroom, Hoseok was already putting on his shoes at the door.

"Come onnnn, Seokjin's waiting outside!" Hoseok told him.

"Just one more thing," Yoongi hurried off into his room, before returning with a navy-blue bucket hat. It matched the floral pattern on Hoseok's Hawaiian shirt perfectly. He pulled the hat right over his boyfriend's red hair. "There. Gotta protect that pretty face of yours."

Hoseok blushed. "How come I have to wear a hat and you don't?"

Yoongi pulled a black baseball cap out of his backpack and slapped it onto his head, giving Hoseok a little grin. "Happy?"

"Happy," Hoseok decided, pulling at the strap of Yoongi's backpack, urging him to the door. "Now can we go?"

Yoongi leaned in to give the man a kiss, just holding it long enough for Hoseok to forget where he was, before leading the red head out the doorway.

"Let's go."

-

The car ride was painfully silent. Hoseok usually didn't mind a little silence, in fact he often enjoyed giving his ears a little break, but this was a blaring silence, refusing to be ignored.

Seokjin was carefully focused on the road, driving them along the highway in his Tesla. Namjoon was sat in the passenger seat, arms crossed and staring out the window. Yoongi and Hoseok sat quietly in the back, with the youngers hand placed over the older man's in an attempt to calm his uncomfortable energy.

"There it is!" Hoseok announced, sticking his nose to the car window as the peak of a roller coaster appeared on the horizon. It was the best amusement park in Korea: packed with the tallest roller coasters and most thrilling rides in the world.