Chapter 17: Festival.

April 25th, 1989

April 25th, 1989. 11:32 A.M.

The seven of us enter the festival grounds just before midday. There are posters all around, advertising bands I haven't even heard of before.

Brian reminded us of our jobs, that this wasn't a vacation, that he wasn't paying for us to mess around. There was enough time for that afterwards. I'm lugging the bag of clothes through thick mud with little success. I didn't wear the right shoes for this.

Brian was off, far ahead on a clear mission to find the tent we could all be sharing. Nobody wanted to pay extra for their own. I wondered how I would survive with six boys, but then I remembered who I lived with. Things would be different with Kate around. It wouldn't be so... lonely.

I hurried to catch up with the herd, as Lance opened the door to reveal the inside of the huge tent with a pole in the middle to hold it all up. There were seven single beds, perfect. at least I wouldn't have to share with anyone.

Dallas breaks out the stash, hands everyone out enough to last day one, "Price up. Idiots will pay anything here." he reminded us. Brian gives out maps that he had been scribbling on for the past week or so. I pocket the supply, and head out to the pre-discussed area. 

Dallas and the twins would hit the crowd near the main stage as it had more foot traffic, more party animals.

Brian and Lance would hit the club scene. Roffe was selling near the food venders and stalls. Whilst I stayed around the tent area. As people passed, I flicked a glimpse of the dope, and people responded. I charged just above what I would have at home.

April 25th, 1989. 5:59 P.M.

All of us quit around sundown. Brian pocketed the cash for safe keeping, then handed out some to spend. Dallas wandered off alone, while the others went to see who was playing. I wanted to change out of these sticky, sweaty and mud covered clothes without prying eyes.