Jealous Fits Of Love

I was at war. My eyelids were fighting me and I was losing the battle. They kept fluttering as if trying to lull me to sleep. I was determined to stay awake though, because who knew what these boys would do to me while I slept. It was also a short plane ride across the English Channel to Paris so it was useless to sleep. Something about being on a plane always made me want to sleep however.

“Michelle?” George whispered.

“Hmm,” I hummed opening my eyes. Drat. My eyelids had won that round.

“I’m so glad I get to experience this with you.” He took my hand and gently squeezed it.

“Me too George,” I told him before kissing his cheek.

We were on our way to Paris for about eighteen days. Brian Epstein, the boys’ manager, had booked the boys at the Olympia Theatre in the City of Lights. I had to admit, I was ecstatic when George told me Brian was allowing wives and girlfriends to come along on the trip!

It was still strange to think of George as my boyfriend even though we had been dating since October and it was now January. I was probably just not used to a serious relationship yet. Although I sometimes thought about how fast George and I were moving; he had told me he loved me only two days after our first date. However, we had had sex the same amount of time after that date too. . .

I couldn’t tell George we were moving too fast though. He was so happy and I didn’t want to take that away from him. I knew in time we would slow to a comfortable pace or I would simply adjust to our current one; whichever came first.

“Ya know, me mum wants to meet ya,” George said.

“Wh-what?” I asked. Had I heard him correctly? His what wanted to meet who?

“Me mum!” he laughed. “She wants to meet ya after we get back from Paris!”

George was smiling at me, expecting me to share in his enthusiasm. I didn’t want to disappoint him so I pretended to be just as thrilled.

“Really?” I grinned.

“Yeah! She’s gonna plan a dinner with all me siblings, so i thought I’d warn ya.” He chuckled at the thought of his large family.

“That should be uh great!” I stammered. I knew I should’ve told him the truth, how I wasn’t ready to meet his family, but I just couldn’t. It was too difficult to disappoint him.

Soon the captain of our private plane announced that we would be landing soon. A sense of adventure came over me as the aircraft descended from the sky. What did Paris have in store for us?

As soon as we escaped the mob of fans - most of them were boys surprisingly - who pushed and shoved us through the airport, we jumped into black official-looking cars and sped off. Right away, I took my camera out from my carry-on bag and began snapping pictures of everything I saw. My sister had told me to take as many pictures as possible. She was so jealous that I had gotten the chance to visit Paris with an up-and-coming band while she had to stay in Liverpool. I felt bad for her, but she had started taking classes at an art school so she had something to keep her busy.