Guilty Pleasure

“Paul,” I whispered to get his attention.

He simply ignored me, though, like most times. He just continued to kiss me, harder and longer. Not that I minded having his tongue in my mouth or anything, but I was getting nervous. We couldn’t afford to get caught. There had been some close calls over the past month and a half . . .

Yes, we had been sneaking around for a month and a half, okay? And yes, I was still dating Brad . . . but I couldn’t just end things with Brad because I liked Paul. Paul had never told me that he wanted more and frankly, neither did I. It kept things simple and fun. Plus, sneaking around gave me such a rush, knowing we could be caught at any moment was thrilling!

By now, some might call me a whore, but really I wasn’t. Paul and I hadn’t had sex and we never intended to. And usually, our “encounters” with each other were brief and only happened on certain occasions. His band had been so busy this summer with touring, concerts, radio appearances, you name it, that we barely saw each other! The only time we met up was when he was practicing with his band mates or at a local gig and when I was accompanied by Suzie. That made things even less suspicious, even though Suzie still kept her eye on us, or should I say Paul.

She hadn’t suspected a thing the day at the pub though. Ringo had been sucking her face off the whole time, so she hadn’t noticed how long we had been gone. The only person who knew about Paul and me was George and boy, did he save us more than once! George had interrupted Paul and me countless times to alert us that somebody could catch us in the act. One particular time, we had met backstage after one of the boys’ gigs and had almost been seen by Suzie. Luckily, George had stopped her right before she walked in on me and Paul. If only we didn’t have to hide so much. . .

“Uugghh!” came a groan from the kitchen door.

Paul immediately pulled away from me and turned around. I opened my eyes and saw George walking across the kitchen.

“Can you two please refrain from making out for just two seconds?!” George complained as he opened the refrigerator.     

“It’s me house Georgie; I can do whatever I want,” Paul said with an annoyed expression on his face. The boys were at Paul’s house practicing their music. “Don’t you have a guitar you need to attend to anyways?”

George turned around holding a drink in his hand. He narrowed his eyes at both me and Paul in disgust.

“Don’t you have a bass to play, Paul? And don’t you have a boyfriend, Michelle?” George asked spitefully.

I didn’t blame him for being angry with us. We were using him for our own selfish desires and hadn’t thanked him once. I suddenly felt guilty for my behavior; I was willing to hurt everyone I cared about just to let some guy kiss me and feel me up for a few minutes. I really was a horrible person and seriously needed to reconsider what I was doing with my life. Sliding off of the counter, I tried to apologize to the guitarist.

“George,” I began. “I’m sorry-”

“I got to get back to the others,” he sighed regretfully. “You two should probably do the same.”