Ch1.5

(a/n: the previous chapter was half, so I decided to do a double update. Hope you all like it)

Present Time

Hongjoong POV

I sigh nth time when I hear small noises coming from inside. These two rascals, why don't I just fire them. I stomp inside the kitchen to show how angry I am but I saw Mingi and Yunho dancing like monkeys in front of my brother Jongho. And he was giggling, the purest things I've ever seen.

It's so rare to see him smile like this. I want to fire these two rascals but they make my Jongho laugh whenever they are around and he too likes to spend time with them. Jongho rarely opens himself up to someone. They both have done a great job uptil now. I'll surely give them some bonus. 

I was in my own thoughts smiling like a fool when our pastry chef Tom yelled at them. All of us were in shock. "I can't take it anymore. You're fooling around all day. I can't work with people who are this unprofessional" he said angrily.
I too can't take unprofessional behaviour but this is my cafe and they were cheering up my brother and I got to see him giggle again. So I can be selfish right.
Tom walked towards them and again started shouting, the three were pouting with their heads down. It makes me more angry.
Who is he to make my brother sad?

"Enough" I said in a firm voice.
All of them were facing me now. "Leave," I said.
The three started walking to exit the door.
"You Tom" and all the eyes were on me.
"Who the hell are you to shout at my brothers. They all are still kids. They can have fun. What's the problem with that."
Tom was about to argue back.
"Leave, don't come back. The door is that way" I said pointing to the exit.

There was silence for a second. Tom then started packing his stuff and was babbling some nonsense which I don't care to listen to. He then exited the door.
The three monkeys were still pouting with their heads down, no one dared to look up as I walked towards them. I wasn't angry with any of them. Jongho was my only family and those two monkeys, I don't know why I feel attached to them. They never take my anger seriously. They sometimes also cheer me up by doing silly things. Having them around feels more lively and more like home.
"And you all" I said in a firm voice to show my anger " it's lucky I'm in a good mood otherwise it would have been over for you all."
They raise their heads with sparkling eyes and smiling faces. I too give them my ear-to-ear smile. Then all of them hug me, crushing me between their tall and strong bodies.

It is 9 p.m. and I'm closing the cafe alone. I allow those monkeys to go with Jongho and do some shopping since Jongho never asks me for anything and I want to spoil him a bit.
The market at night has a whole different vibe. I want him to live his life to the fullest without any worries and regrets.
I sigh again "Now what?" I ask myself "I've fired my chef and I do need one cause I can't bake"
Yunho is a barista and Mingi takes orders and does dishes and cleaning. He's clumsy. I can't let him do something that will blow up my whole cafe. So to be on the safe side he does stay away from appliances. I can surely cook some meals but I am Barista too.
I pull my hair in annoyance. I will have to hire someone new, I'll again have to meet new annoying people.
Isn't there any other way? I was thinking of what to do next, then suddenly I heard some noise coming from the alley behind our cafe.
That was weird normally at this time no one dares to take that path because of the darkness.
I want to know what was happening, the voice was weak and some sobs could be heard. I walk to the back door of the cafe and open the doors. The voice becomes a bit louder and clearer. And then I saw……..

Hello beautiful people 💝
I hope you like these chapters. I've some chapters as drafts, so I'll swing by soon. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones. Hope you have a great day 😘😊
Byeeee~👋