Chapter 28: Fast Enough

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I saw my mother killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly, i use my speed to fight crime and find others like me. And one day, I'll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father....That day is today.       

Everyone was in the Cortex...Barry was looking at his flash suit and he leaves and goes down to the pipeline...He stands in front of Eobard Thawne. 

"What? No Big Belly Burger? It's one of the few perks of living in this time. We're out of cows where I come from. You don't care about that. You have questions. Go ahead." Eobard said.

"Not sure where to start...Thawne. That is your real name...Eobard Thawne." Barry said.

"Since the day I was born." Eobard said. 

"And when was that?" Barry asked.

"136 years from now. That's not what you want to know. Go ahead, Barry. Ask it." Eobard said.

"Why did you kill my mother?" Barry asked.

"Because I hate you. Not you now. You years from now." Eobard said.

"In the future." Barry asked.

"In a future. Yes. We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another." Eobard said.

"Why? Wh-why were we enemies?" Barry asked.

"It doesn't matter. It doesn't...matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. Until I learned your secrets. I learned your names. Barry Allen. Daniella Ramon. And finally, I knew how to defeat you, Barry once and for all. Travel back in time, kill you as a child. Wipe you from the face of the earth. But then you and Daniella, future you and Daniella, that is, both followed me back, and we fought. We landed some pretty solid shots. And then Daniella, future Daniella, got your younger self out of there. I was so mad. But then I thought...what if you were to suffer a tragedy? What if you were to suffer something so horrible, so traumatic that your child self could never recover? Then you would not become The Flash. And so I stabbed your mother in the heart, and I was free. Finally able to return to a future without The Flash, only to realize that in traveling back I'd lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And without it, I was stuck here. Stranded in this time, unable to return to my own. And the only way back was The Flash. But The Flash was gone, and so I created him. And in the process I created Bolt as well." Eobard said.

"Why train us? Why help us save so many people?" Barry asked.

"Because I needed at least one of you to get fast. Fast enough to rupture the space-time barrier and create a stable wormhole through which I could return home." Eobard said.

"Why would I ever do that?" Barry asked.

"Because...Barry Allen, if you give me what I want, I'm gonna give you what you want. You can go back and save your mother. You can prevent your father from going to prison. You can reunite the Allen family." Eobard said.

Barry shakes his head and then he says."No...No, I don't believe you." He slams his first on the glass of the cell. "I want to kill you right now."

"I know that rage. I used to feel that rage every time I looked upon you. And now, somehow, I know what Joe and Henry feel when they look on you with pride. With love." Eobard said.

"No. No. Don't you ever say that to me!" Barry yelled.

"I know you're upset, but I'm giving you a chance. I'm giving you a chance to undo all the evil I've done. Don't you want that chance?" Eobard said.