Chapter 17

Y/n L/n's POV

"So, another one of those liquids showed up, huh?" Jieun placed her tea cup down and crossed her legs along with her arms.

After Tzuyu and I got back, the first thing we did was report the situation that occured a while ago to Jieun. "Another one?" I asked.

"They've been quite popular lately, it's some sort of drug that grants whoever drinks it a danger beast's power and half of it's appearance" She explained.

"But it wasn't as cool as people thought it was, it apparently drives you insane and takes your sanity from you if your body isn't capable enough to handle it's power. We knights have been trying to track down the locations of all the stores that sell that shitty liquid but so far we've only gotten clues and no actual places"

"Hmmm, that's quite a troublesome drug" Mina stated, pouring in more tea to my cup before hugging my arm tightly, gawking at me with hearts eyes. "But as dangerous as it is, the captain still managed to stop it even without any clue about what it was. As expected of the greatest knight in history!"

"You praise me too much" I chuckled, thanking her for the tea while patting her head.

"Anyways... Y/n Granbell, huh? I guess that's better than introducing you as my daughter" The great holy knight sighed in relief, seeming to hate the idea of her being my mom as she thanked the gods.

"Wait, you were seriously going to introduce me as your child?"

"It was Mina's idea..." She pointed at the fairy who quickly looked away when all 3 of us averted our eyes to her direction─ although, Tzuyu and Jieun were clearly judging her rather than just staring.

"You two must really hate the idea of me being related to you, huh?"

"You really think I would want a pain in the neck daughter like you when I already have a pain in the ass niece like Tzuyu and ruin my image even more because you imbeciles keep making trouble? I just know for a fact one of you is either going to destroy or burn something down the moment your training in knight school starts..."

This woman is way too good at casually insulting people with a straight face...

"Well, I don't want another annoying relative in my life too so I guess we're even..." Tzuyu mumbled but her aunt's hearing was way too impressive to miss what she said as she shot the younger a glare, slowly pulling out one of her swords from nowhere.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all, ma'am!" She immediately sat up straight, squirming under the intensity of Jieun's gaze.

"The original plan was for you to pretend to be Lady Lee's daughter but since you introduced yourself as Y/n Granbell to that girl you met, that plan has been abandoned before it could even start" Mina spoke, stopping Jieun from throwing her sword at her niece before nodding in agreement to the fairy's statement.

"That means we have to redo Y/n's identity again... But to what exactly?" Tzuyu tried thinking of something that would instantly convince everyone you weren't the late Captain Y/n L/n but no matter how hard she thought, nothing came─