~ 36 ~

"I swear I know they're hiding something! They are suspicious and the way they act whenever I enter a room-  Yeonjun! Are you even listening?"

The said person choked on his piece of red velvet cake. He looked up to his best friend who was glaring at him with arms crossed.

"Of course I am! Why would you say that?", he said in an offended voice as he wipes the small amount of frosting from the corner of his lips.

"Oh really? Then what did I just say?"

That's when the male froze with wide eyes. He started getting nervous, scratching the back of his head as he nervously chuckled.

"Something aboooooout, secrets? Mafia?"

"I guess you're half right", Jin grumbled.

He took his knife harshly before he started cutting, well more like stabbing his cake aggressively, which made Yeonjun worried.

Worried for himself.

W-will he kill me for not listening?

"H-hey Jin?"

Jins head was looking down so Yeonjun tilted his head down as well to meet his face.

When he couldn't he sighed and was about to say something else until he heard sniffles.

"Wait, are you crying? Don't cry Jin! It'll be ok! I'm sure there's a reason-"

Jin shot his head up. His brows were furrowed, nose a bit red and small tears forming in his eyes.

"And what is the exact reason for everyone to suddenly ignore me?!"

"C-come on Jinnie. We'll solve this later. Right now you need some cheering up. I'll take you to the arcade after this, ok?"

Jin nodded with a pout and continued eating his cake.

Yeonjun internally sighed before taking out his phone to text a certain someone.

Meanwhile

"No no no the lamps are supposed to be in a straight line damn it! And you! Where are you going with those flowers? Those are supposed to be on the left side. And- hey just a little more to the left! Everything's gotta be perfect people!"

Taehyung was screaming and instructing people left and right.

The rest of the family is helping as well. Hoseok and Jimin is working on the food with all their moms, Namjoon and Jungkook are helping on moving things, Yoongi is getting the music ready and all their dads bringing in the supplies.

"Don't you think this is too much for a proposal?"

"Tell me about it", Namjoon snickered at Jungkooks question.

"It feels more like a mini wedding than a proposal."

Yup. Taehyung is getting their huge backyard ready to propose to Jin.

Becoming a CEO really changed him, including him becoming a perfectionist. But that doesn't change the fact he'll scream and get mad at people who made him irritated and couldn't do their job right.

"Agh! Yeonjun texted me that we have 2 hours left! Why are you guys so slow?!", Taehyung yelled at the workers they hired to set up everything.

"Hey Tae, take it easy. It's just a proposal. If you do this much I'll wonder what you'll do for the wedding"

"That? Oh I'll be booking an island for that"

"What-"

But Taehyung already walked away from him to check on the candles.