21

Gon made sure his knife was in his pocket just in case, some of these people might be violent jerks. But not all of them! Killua had barely talked about the people he worked with, but he made it sound like there were at least ten. So he bounced down the stairs, only to get a knife thrown at him. Gon caught it, then blinked. "hi?" there were only a few people there. A girl with blonde hair, Twice, Mr. Compress, a guy with scars, and a lizard looking person. "who the hell are you?!" the lizard yelled, then came forward to swing at him with a sword looking thing. "Wait!" Mr. Compress tried to warn him off, but it was too late. Gon dodged to the side and brought his hands behind his back "Hey!" he froze, looking at him with shock. "Jerk! I just walked down the stairs!" If Killua finds out- Gon let him go and huffed, sticking his tongue out. He recovered and just stood squinting at Gon for a moment. "are you supposed to be here?" Gon giggled, then turned to the blondie. "Oh here! I think this is yours" he smelled her scent on the knife, so he held it out for her.

She gave him a toothy grin. "Hi! My name's Toga!" she brought her hands up to her face with a giggle. "you caught that knife so well! What's your name cutie?" Gon blinked. Um, ok? He smiled. "I'm Mori" the guy with the scars who had previously been silent sighed. "Dabi" the Lizard introduced himself next, "I'm Spinner, sorry" he said, rubbing the back of his head. Gon shrugged, "it's alright. I mean, I probably would have done the same thing" that was a lie. Gon would have tried to talk, then Killua would have murdered them. He doesn't need to know that. The other three looked at Mr. Compress and Twice like they were waiting for them to introduce themselves as well. "So" Twice said conversationally. "did you get the video?" Gon giggled, then pulled it out on his phone. "I did! Look!" Toga and Spinner watched as Mr. Compress tried to walk away. "Oh my god!" Toga squealed, then grabbed Mr. Compress and Dabi. She dragged them both over to watch and Dabi's eyebrows raised.

"how the hell'd you get Kurogiri and Mr. Compress to do it?" he beamed, "forcing people to do things against their will is one of my talents!" Gon said cheerily. "..." why's everybody looking at me like that? "interesting" Toga went. Then his eyes fell on Dabi, and he saw something in his eyes. He needs a hug. Gon walked over and he glanced in his direction. "need something?" he nodded. "be happy!" he blinked. "huh? Gon grabbed his hand. "stop being sad" I'll get this to work. Twice looked away trying to hide a snicker or something, Toga watched with interest and Spinner was just standing there. Mr. Compress was on a stool at the bar. Dabi frowned slightly, it was nearly imperceptible but Gon saw it. "let go of me" Gon huffed and held on tighter when he tried to remove himself. "No" Dabi's eyes flashed a little and Gon knew just what would work. He let go, which caused him to relax a moment before he leaned forward and gave him a hug. Dabi stiffened, then tried to struggle. "Let go" he said in a low angered tone. Gon looked up with a closed eye smile, and Dabi stopped struggling for a moment. Then he felt him relax and put his arms around him. Yes!

Mr. Compress chuckled, "maybe you do have a talent" Gon then poked him in the face, which he could tell irritated him. "now give me a smile" Gon sometimes went through this with Killua when he was feeling sad, so he thought it might work on Dabi as well. He narrowed his eyes slightly, "no" Gon's smile faded and he gave him a look. "smile" he hesitated, then sighed. Gon's eyes gleamed a little as Dabi smiled down at him. Score! Gon beamed and let go, then put his arms in the air. "Yes! Happy! Good job!" Dabi scowled, and Toga looked confused. Mr. Compress and twice were trying to hide their snickering. "what was that about?" Toga asked curiously. Gon blinked, then lowered his arms and rubbed the back of his head. "Oh! Sorry" he frowned slightly. "one of my friends has like really low self esteem so..." Twice and Mr. Compress stopped laughing, they probably knew he was talking about Killua. Suddenly there was a thud from upstairs and all of the others froze. What's got Killua so riled up?