12

Gon huffed, crossing his arms with a slight scowl. "I said, shut up" he heard a snicker and turned around to see Awase looked like he was trying his hardest not to laugh. He smiled and walked back over, dragging the blonde jerk behind him. "is there anything else you need?" he asked sweetly. Vlad King chuckled, patting his head. "I like you kid" he beamed. "well thanks!" he didn't quite smile, but Gon could tell it was close enough. "maybe consider joining U.A one day, you seem strong and capable" Awase suddenly walked over with a grin. "remember when me and Kendo brought in that villain a while ago?" he asked. Vlad King nodded, "yes, what about it" he dropped a hand on Gon's shoulder. "Mori was actually the one who captured and knocked him out, this kid's a natural" he giggled and Vlad's eyebrows raised. "really?" Gon nodded. "I smelled the blood and took them into the tree because they didn't know he was there" Gon started, pointing up into his tree. "and then I hit him really hard with my fishing rod and knocked him out. He wasn't very strong actually" he glanced back at Awase. "I didn't even have to use half my strength on him when he woke back up again, just because you have a knife doesn't make you dangerous" Gon recited some words he remembered Killua saying. "it's knowing how to use it that makes you dangerous. He obviously didn't know how to use it by the way he held it all weird"

Vlad King crossed his arms. "you know how to use a knife properly?" Gon nodded, "yeah! I got one right here" he grabbed his knife out of his pocket and Vlad's eyes widened slightly. "let me see that boy" he frowned a little. "you might not be able to lift it, it's super heavy" and he wasn't like Killua, he didn't think it was funny when someone tries to pick it up and gets hurt. Awase watched curiously as he held the knife out. "I'm sure it can't be that hea-" he was cut off with a grunt as Gon dropped the knife into his hands, he could see that Vlad King was struggling to hold it up high. "what the hell?" he muttered. Gon beamed and grabbed it back, then twirled it between his fingers. That was another thing Killua taught him how to do, and he was pretty good at it. "they both weigh about 20 KGs" Awase's mouth dropped open. "wait, both?" Vlad questioned. He nodded. "my friend has one too, he says their made of super alloy metal or something and it packs twice the punch, he's also the one who taught me how to use the knife " Gon beamed, he loved bragging about Killua. "but why make it so heavy?" Awase asked curiously. He shrugged, "he says that people won't steal it, and it also makes it do more damage when you stab someone with it" Gon said, trying to remember. "also the metal makes it really really strong, he says you could deflect a bullet with it!" he neglected to mention the fact that he had found that out himself the hard way.

"how old are you two?" he beamed. "we're both 13!" Vlad King frowned a little. "why does a 13 year old need weapons like that?" he blinked, "self defense?" he said, like it was obvious. Which it was, he had nearly gotten kidnapped multiple times. "I'd like to speak with this father of yours" he said, and Gon winced. "Um, uhh, you can't?" Awase shot him a curious look again as Vlad King glared down at him. "and why is that?" he's kind of scary. Then Gon sighed, "well, I maybe lied?" Awase's eyes went wide and Vlad King growled a little. "about what" he rubbed the back of his head, laughing nervously. "if I tell you, you have to promise not to get mad" he crossed his arms. "we'll see about that" then he sighed. "so um, I don't really know where I am" he said, glancing back up at his trees carved with all sorts of intricate patterns. He even let some of the class 1B students try it as well, some of them were pretty decent. "but I can live just fine on my own in the forest" he said, beaming again. Awase narrowed his eyes slightly. "what about your parents?" he shrugged, "Ging left me to explore the world when I was a baby, and I never knew my mother" he said, "aunt mito's probably missing me a bit though"

Vlad King grabbed something from his pocket, "your parents are irresponsible, give me a phone number " he blinked a few times before answering. "I just said my dad left me, and I never met my mother" he growled. " do you have any sort of guardian I can contact?" he thought for a moment. "well, the closest to that would be Kurapika. I don't know if it'll work though" Kurapika was the only guardian of any sort that he'd had in pretty much a year, he kind of took care of the rest of the group as well. Gon pulled out his beetle phone, ignoring the weird looks and attempting to call Kurapika's number. He waited for about five minutes, then the phone started to ring. That's odd, I guess that goes to show how far away I am. As soon as Kurapika picked up, there was shouting. "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EVERYONE WORRIED? WHE-" Gon pulled the phone away from his ear with a nervous laugh at the suspicious expression on Vlad King's face. "Kurapika please calm down" he wouldn't stop yelling. He took a deep breath, putting the phone really close to his mouth. "SHUT THE FUCK UP"