Chapter 17

Storm woke up to the sun shining into his bedroom. He looked down to see Nashi laying on his chest, his arms wrapped around her. She was snoring quietly and looked so peaceful. After making sure she was okay, he drifted off to sleep, not wanting to let her go just yet. After a few more hours there was a knock on Storm's bedroom door, waking him. "Hey man, we are going to the guild, you coming?" Gale asked from the other side of the door. "Yeah, can you give me a few minutes to get up and ready?" Storm asked sleepily, even though he wished he could stay with Nashi forever, he knew he had stuff to get done. He carefully rolled Nashi over to her side and got ready. He left a quick note saying he was going to the guild in case she woke up.

    Before he left, he bent down and gently kissed Nashi's forehead. He saw her smile in her sleep and felt accomplished. With a smirk on his face he joined Gale in the living room. "What are you so happy about?" Gale asked his friend curiously. Storm quickly stopped smirking and shook his head, "Let's just go already." Gale raised his eyebrow and followed Storm out the door, "Are you going to tell me what's going on with you?" Storm rolled his eyes and responded to his nosy friend, "Nothing." "That's the biggest lie I've ever heard." Gale said pausing before continuing, "You were unusually grumpy yesterday with large bags under your eyes, then you wake up this morning smiling after sleeping in." He looked over at Storm who's expression didn't change. "Not to mention you smell a little like Nashi," this time Gale smirked as he watched Storm's cheeks turn pink.

    "Gihihi, I knew something was up," Gale said laughing in victory. Storm finally caved, "Alright well don't tell anyone. My nightmares still haven't gone away." Gale looked serious at his friend, "I thought they should have been gone after we beat Dante?" Storm nodded, "That's what I thought too. Anyways I had a nightmare on the boat and apparently Nashi knew about them. She showed up in my room last night to make sure I got some rest." Gale smiled, "That's good to hear. Did you have nightmares then?" Storm shook his head no. "Well that makes sense," Gale started as Storm looked at him confused. "I don't know what goes on in that head of yours, but if I had to guess one of your fears is not being able to protect the people you care about." Storm nodded as they kept walking. "Nashi is one of the most important people in your life, if she's with you then you know she's okay and the nightmares don't seem as real."

"Yeah, I guess," Storm finally said after registering everything he said. "So what's up with you and Nova?" Storm asked to change the subject from him to Gale. Gale slightly blushed, "I don't know what you're talking about." Storm laughed, "When are you going to finally ask her out?" Gale sighed while scratching the back of his neck "I don't know," then he continued walking as they made it into the guild hall. He took a seat at a table next to Simon and Igneel. Team Nashi, missing Nashi, celebrated their victorious mission with their guild mates.

"She took her down in one hit while injured. Girl's got some serious skill," Gale told the story of Nova's battle in amazement to the table of mages including Laxus, the Thunder Legion, Levy, Lucy, Gajeel, Mira, Emery, Igneel, Romeo, and the Strauss siblings. Nova's cheeks were red as she listened to Gale's praise. Laxus beamed with pride, a small smile tugging on his lips. Mira, Levy, Lucy, and Emery giggled at the cuteness.

"Where's Nashi?" Emery finally asked after Gale finished his story. "Probably still sleeping. Whenever Natsu ate something his stomach didn't agree with, he had to sleep if off for a while," Lucy said smiling at Emery. "Geez she's been sleeping forever," Gale said looking at the clock, most of the day had passed. "Do you think she'll be awake tomorrow for the blossom viewing festival?" Emery asked everyone. Lucy nodded, "I'm sure she will, especially if there's food." The group continued talking for a while until everyone decided to call it a night.

Storm and the rest of the group made it home. Storm opened his bedroom and was disappointed to see Nashi not there. He sighed and proceeded to shower and get ready for bed. Eventually he fell asleep and woke up to another nightmare. He was sitting up sweating and shaking. Luckily he hadn't woken anyone up so he grabbed his coat. Still not fully awake, Storm started walking to Nashi's house in the middle of the night. He knocked on her door for a while until she answered and opened it.