Chapter 14

Nashi and Storm stood face to face with Dante and a young child named Akio. Nashi tried to charge forward but Akio sent bolts of lightning at her. She couldn't get through and frowned. "Where's that sparky bastard when we need him?" Storm said annoyed that he was stuck fighting this kid. "Ice-Make: prison," Storm yelled, trapping Akio in a prison of ice. Nashi took this opportunity and ran at Dante. "Fire Dragon's Roar," Nashi let out a large blast of fire at Dante. Before it hit him, Akumu the curse worm increased in size and ate Nashi's flames. "What the hell?" Nashi asked, confused.

(Storm vs Akio)

    Akio let a large amount of his magic out, shattering the prison with lightning. "Come on kid, I don't want to hurt you," Storm said as Akio charged forward, punching Storm. "I don't have a choice," Akio said. For the first time he could see the fear in the child's eyes. "What do ya mean, there's always a choice?" Storm said back dodging all of Akio's punches. "Not for me. I have nothing left," Akio sent a shock wave at Storm. "Ice-Make: Shield," Storm threw up a defensive shield made of ice, blocking the attack, "There's always something kid." Tears filled Akio's eyes, "He killed my parents and cursed my town. This guild is all I have known." Storm stopped, eyes wide, and his heart hurt hearing all the tragedy he went through. He wondered if all the other members were forced to work with Dante out of fear. "Tell you what kid, why don't you come join my guild and become a member of my family?" Storm asked, grabbing Akio's fist, preventing it from hitting him.

Akio's eyes went wide and he shook his head. "No, you're just trying to trick me." Storm released his hand and sighed, "Listen, Fairy Tail is a place where family is more than blood. Besides, I'd never resort to dirty tricks, especially to a little kid." "Why?" Akio asked shakily looking at Storm with tears in his eyes. "I've got a sister and brother your age." Akio still looked uncertain, "You promise you'll take me with you?" Storm nodded and held out his hand as a promise to Akio. Akio reached out to shake it when a dark shadow spear came flying, hitting Akio in the chest. "Akio," Storm cried out, grabbing the kid. Akio slowly blinked showing Storm the fear in his eyes. "Water: Healing Drops," Storm attempted to stop the bleeding but it wasn't working. Akio grabbed Storm's hand, "Thank you for being so kind to me." Storm's eyes were wide as he watched the poor child pass in his arms.

Storm gently set Akio's lifeless body to the side where it would not be harmed. Then he turned to see Dante smirking. "I'll kill you."

(Simon)

    Simon was victorious in his battle with Ken. Unfortunately he sustained damage to his thigh, limiting his movement. He sat down exhausted and tied some cloth around it to stop the bleeding. "There you are." Simon looked up to see Draco walking towards him. Draco offered Simon assistance, helping him stand and walk on his good leg. "Can you make it to the others?" Draco asked Simon, concerned for his friend. "Yes, I'll be fine. Thank you," Simon said exhausted and in pain. He didn't want to show weakness in front of his comrades. They continued on finding Elfgreen sitting on the floor, "Bout time you got here. A real man wouldn't have taken this long." Draco rolled his eyes, "Help me get Simon to the others." The trio kept moving and grabbing other members of the group. 

(Nashi and Dante)

    Nashi looked over at Storm and Akio in shock. Her heart broke looking at Storm, his eyes filled with sorrow and anger. She couldn't believe that bastard killed his own guildmate. "You bastard! He was your comrade and just a child," Nashi yelled full of anger at Dante who just laughed. "That is the fate for anyone who defies me. He was useless anyways," Dante replied back to Nashi. She heard Storm say, "I'll kill you." His eyes were covered by hair and he now looked down at the ground. Nashi tried to focus on the fight but hesitated when she looked at Storm again, his hair started turning white. "Shit," Nashi muttered under her breath. He was losing control again. Nashi, now worried about Storm, took a hit from the worm's tail sending her flying back into a wall. "That's gonna bruise," she huffed to herself, standing up. "Storm," she shouted trying to make her way over to him.

    She was so focused on Storm that she didn't hear Dante taunting them. Nashi jumped over the stupid worm and hit it with her Fire Dragon's Claw. She heard it shriek and knew she did some damage. Slightly relieved she made it to Storm as magic power began surging around him. Not thinking, Nashi quickly tackled Storm to the ground. At the same time Dante shot shadow arrows at the two. Nashi let out a growl as two arrows grazed her, cutting her cheek and side. "Nashi?" Storm said looking up at her, his eyes and hair finally returning to normal. "Thank goodness," Nashi said, sighing in relief. Then she felt the pain and blood coming from her side.

    "Come on Snow Flake, get it together," Nashi said, smacking him, then standing up. Storm looked at her with wide eyes, he knew he lost control again. Then he saw the blood coming from Nashi's side, dripping down and staining her black skirt. His mind quickly raced thinking it was his fault. As if reading his mind, Nashi looked at him and her expression softened, "I'm good. Now help me with this worm thing, it's starting to get on my nerves." She then turned around, a challenging smirk plastered on her face, "That is if you can keep up ice princess." Storm rolled his eyes and stood up with a smirk now on his face, "Psh, this guy is nothing for me. I doubt you could keep up with me, Flame Breath."

    Nashi charged forward at Akumu, "Fire Dragon's Roar." Before Akumu could engulf the flames he was hit with ice arrows. "Ice-Make: Arrow," Storm called, shooting him all along the back. The arrows were enough to distract him, allowing Nashi's roar to hit him. Akumu shrieked, flailing around in pain. Storm charged forward, "Well I haven't tried this new move yet, but it seems as good of time as any." Nashi looked at him confused as he jumped up on top of Akumu's back. He struggled to hold onto the raging worm. He surged power all around him, concentrating it on his fist, "Ice and Water: Shatter."

    Nashi watched amazed with wide eyes as Storm's fist was now glowing with white and blue magic, surrounded with water and ice. He slammed his fist down making contact with the back of Akumu. Storm was flung back into a wall as he let out a grunt. Dante laughed, "Useless." He taunted Storm again, thinking his attack did nothing. Then Akumu let out a loud shriek filled with terror. His organs began to crystallize and shatter from the inside out. Soon Akumu burst, filling the area with blue and white crystals. Dante's expression changed to one of horror, his eyes wide, "What the hell did you do?" Now filled with rage he prepared to attack Storm, Nashi intercepted the attack with her fist, "Your fight's with me jerk."

    Storm looked down at his hand and sighed. "It's a pretty awesome attack, too bad it recoiled and shattered my wrist in the process," he thought to himself looking at his broken wrist. He grumbled to himself knowing he couldn't use both his hands to cast spells, making him useless in this fight. He looked over at Nashi now in combat with Dante. "You fairies will pay for destroying Akumu and getting in the way," Dante yelled charging at Nashi with a shadow sword. Nashi dodged and countered with "Fire Dragon's Crushing Fang," burning Dante's forearm and chest.

    "You're not so tough without a cheap trick like draining someone's magic," Nashi said, taunting Dante. He frowned, then composed himself and smirked at Nashi, "No matter, I guess it's time to get serious. I'll show you my true power." Nashi rolled her eyes. Dante looked at Nashi, "Shadow lock." Nashi was caught in a circle ball of shadow. She couldn't move or escape the darkness. "Nashi," Storm yelled as Nashi was sucked further into the darkness.

    Simon and Draco managed to meet up with the rest of the team. Gale was still carrying Nova over his shoulder much to hers and Raiden's dismay. Igneel was carrying Simon on his back while Emery and Draco were helping the injured Raiden and Elfgreen. Emery used her Solid Script to create planks allowing the team to move through the damaged building. They were close to where Storm and Nashi were fighting when Draco stopped running, causing the team to stop too. "What's wrong?" Igneel asked the poison dragon slayer. "We've got to hurry," The team's eyes went wide as they looked at Draco's worried face and picked up speed.