Chapter 7

Nashi was sitting up in her bed, her pink hair covering her eyes. "Are you okay honey?" Lucy hugged her daughter. Nashi looked up and gave her mom a fake smile, "I'm okay, sorry I worried you." Erza and Levy looked at each other. "Do you want to talk about it?" Emery suggested. Nashi shook her head and smiled at all her worried friends, "You should go back to bed, I'll be okay. I'm going to go for a walk and stretch my legs." Lucy furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't know if that's a good idea." Nashi squeezed her hand, "Mom I'm okay, I'll be back before you know it." Finally Lucy nodded, "Okay, don't take too long." Nashi left walking out into the cold night.

"I think someone should keep an eye on her," Emery said, trying not to wake the girls who were still sleeping. "Nashi is strong and a capable wizard, we shouldn't forget," Erza said. "You're right, I'm just worried," Lucy said looking down with tears in her eyes, "I just feel so useless." Juvia went over and wrapped her arms around Lucy, "Juvia thinks you are a great mother." Lucy smiled slightly then started crying loudly into Juvia's shoulder. "I'll call Gale and see if anyone there can go look for Nashi," Emery said, going to get the communication lacrima. Erza sat down next to Lucy and Juvia, and gently patted Lucy's back. Emery came back from the kitchen, "don't worry they are going to make sure she's okay." "Thank you," Lucy said to Emery. "Now let's lay down and get some rest, the boys can handle this. Nashi will be back soon and we will figure it out from there," Erza said helping Lucy over to her sleeping bag.

Nashi kept walking until she made it to the top of her favorite spot. She looked out to see the Magnolia town lights and then up at the shining stars. Rain clouds began to roll in covering the stars. She let out a frustrated sigh and hugged her knees trying to keep the tears in as rain started to lightly fall from the sky. Nashi felt a jacket drape over her shoulders and she looked up. "Storm?" she said so quietly it sounded like a whisper. He sat down next to her and looked out at the lights as the rain dripped down. They sat in silence for a while until Nashi finally spoke, "I scared them." She held her knees tight, "My mom looked so worried, it was supposed to be a fun night and I ruined it. I hate that they have to see me like this," She finally looked up and over at Storm. He was now looking up at the rain clouds. After a while he finally spoke, "Do you remember when we were little and played in the rain?"

Flashback

"What's with this rain? It won't let up," Wakaba said sitting inside the guild. "I wonder if Juvia is okay?" Macao said looking out the window at the pouring rain. "Juvia is out on a date with Gray, I don't think it's her," Mira said from the bar.

Little Nashi, about 6 years old ran outside towards the park. She saw young Storm hiding under a tree. "What are you doing?" she said crawling under the tree and poking his cheek. Storm huffed and looked away. "Were you crying?" She asked again. "Shut up pinkie. Leave me alone." He hurled back at her. Nashi crossed her arms and pouted. Then an idea came to her, "Come on Stormy." She grabbed his hand and dragged him from out of the tree. "What are you doing?" He stammered cheeks turning red. "Haven't you ever played in the rain? It's so much fun," Nashi said running around giggling. Storm stopped his eyes wide, "It doesn't bother you?" Nashi looked at him confused, "Huh? Let's play then we can go get some warm drinks from Mira," she gave him her signature toothy grin. Nashi ran around jumping in the puddles with Storm following her. Nashi slipped and fell right into the mud getting her hair and clothes covered. Storm began laughing and Nashi threw mud at him. Storm looked wide eyed at Nashi who was laughing, "You're going to get it now fire breath." The mud fight began and the rain clouds began to let up. Soon the sun was shining down on the two children giggling in the mud.

Present Day

Nashi looked up at the rain, then slowly started to smile, "I remember." Storm smirked, "you looked ridiculous covered in mud." Nashi began to laugh, "you're one to talk." They sat there reminiscing in silence, backs now on the wet grass, and looking up at the rain falling.