Chapter 15

"Ugh this is stupid," Nashi said crossing her arms inside the shadow ball. She tried to punch through the shadow failing each time, letting out a frustrated growl. Her mind began to race as she tried to think of a way out of this situation. "What would Dad do at a time like this?" She thought out loud. An idea popped into her head and she smirked, "Of course."

Storm looked in disbelief as Nashi was trapped inside the shadow ball. The rest of the team burst through the doors looking around. Their eyes landed on the injured Storm. "Where's Nashi?" Igneel yelled at him. Storm said nothing but motioned to the shadow ball floating in the middle of the room. "What the hell did you do to my sister?" Igneel shouted at Dante who looked too pleased with himself. Igneel and the team got ready to fight when they heard a loud crack.

The shadow ball shattered and there dropped Nashi, engulfed in flames and shadows. Everyone looked at her in confusion and awe. "Impossible," Dante shouted at Nashi, "There's no way anyone can escape Shadow Lock." Nashi grinned, her body covered in vibrant red flames with black shadows swirling around her and coming off her body. "That was the best you could do? How about I show you my true power," Nashi said laughing, walking towards Dante.

"A shadow flame dragon?" Elfgreen asked as everyone watched Nashi. "Well Dad's gonna be pissed," Gale said, scratching the back of his head with his free arm. Emery giggled, agreeing with her older brother, "His "special" ability doesn't seem so special now." "Damn," Raiden and Draco said, watching in amazement as Nashi continued to emit waves of magic power. Simon and Storm just smirked at their friend, "get him," they silently thought.

    Nashi lunged forward at Dante with great speed, "Shadow Fire Dragon's Roar." The large destructive blast hit Dante head on, shattering his shadow shield. "You're gonna pay for hurting my friends and that little kid," Nashi with blazing shadow enhanced fists began to strike Dante. Dante grunted at the force of her attack; it was too much for him to take. He fought back sending anything he could muster at her to no avail as she absorbed his power. However some of the shadow arrows and balls missed her, flying at the other Fairy Tail members. Nashi hesitated looking back to make sure her friends were okay. "Solid Script: Guard," Emery put up a protective barrier around her group and Storm. "Don't worry about us Nash," She shouted at Nashi, giving her a smile. Nashi gave her a toothy grin back, seeing the shadow attacks unable to break Emery's barrier.

    Her smile dropped as she continued her pursuit of Dante, "Time to end this." She engulfed one hand in flames and the other in shadow, swinging the two creating a destructive vortex of fire and shadow. "Dragon Slayer's Secret Art: Crimson Lotus: Exploding Shadow Blade," the attack hit Dante, defeating him in one blow and destroying the building wall. Victorious, she stood looking down at Dante, her scale scarf and pink hair blowing in the wind. "Geez idiot, you didn't have to destroy the whole building," Storm said, finally standing up and walking towards Nashi. Nashi growled, "Who are you callin an idiot ya pervy popsicle? Put some damn clothes on." Storm looked down realizing his shirt and pants were gone.

    "Enough fighting," Simon shouted at the two, still being carried by Igneel. After recovering his clothes, Storm made his way over to Simon. "Water: Healing Drops," He did his best to stop the bleeding in Simon's legs. "Sorry, my magic is low and not as effective with only one hand," Storm said, scratching the back of his neck. Simon looked down at his thigh seeing most of the bleeding had stopped, "Storm that is an incredible technique." Storm blushed at the compliments from his team and looked away. He did his best to close his teams serious injuries, unable to heal broken bones.

    "Nashi, that was amazing," Emery said, giving Nashi a hug. She smiled back at Emery then started to feel dizzy and fell to the ground. Nashi put her hand to the side, forgetting the cut from earlier, "It must have been deeper than I thought." She thought to herself. Emery saw Nashi's hand covered in blood, "Storm, quick." Storm ran over to Nashi using the last of his magic to stop the bleeding from her side. "Thanks," she said, offering Storm a gentle smile. He blushed and nodded back at her.

    "Ajeel and his squad should be here any minute to take the remaining mages into custody," Elfgreen told the group after sitting down to catch his breath. "We should get going, they can take it from here" Simon said nodding at Elfgreen. Nashi tried to stand up but began to fall again. She closed her eyes expecting to hit the ground, but it never came. "I gotcha beautiful," a male voice said. She opened her eyes to see she was in Loke's arms and she smiled up at him, "Thanks Loke." "Hey great timing Loke," Igneel said, greeting his friend.

    "Igneel, I need a favor," Igneel and the others turned to look at Storm who was walking over towards a body on the ground. "Can Virgo take this child and bury him in the Magnoila cemetery?" The team looked confused as Storm picked up Akio's lifeless body. Storm's eyes were covered by his dark hair, "I want him to be near friends." Nova's eyes went wide and filled with tears, but it was Gale who spoke, "What happened, he's just a kid?" Storm couldn't form a word so Nashi spoke up, "Dante." The single word was enough as the team silently understood. Igneel summoned Virgo and explained the situation. "I'm sorry for your loss," Virgo said gently, taking Akio from Storm and disappearing to Magnoila.

    Silence consumed the team as this battle no longer felt like a victory. Igneel, with Simon still on his back, walked towards Storm. They both placed a hand on his back then Simon quietly told the group, "Let's go home." Everyone nodded, still exhausted from the long journey and battle, began walking through the forest into town where the boat waited. "Loke, did you come here on your own? I don't remember summoning you." Igneel asked, breaking the silence, still carrying Simon on his back. "I would never miss an opportunity to carry my future wife," Loke said, sending light fireworks spelling Loke loves Nashi into the air. Nashi and Igneel sweatdropped at Loke's actions.

    Tsks and groans were heard from some of the group walking behind them. Emery laughed at the jealous dragon slayers and ice mage. The boat came into sight and the group sighed with relief. Loke finally set Nashi down, "I'll be there anytime you need me," he said, lifting up her hand and kissing it then disappearing back into the celestial world. "She doesn't even summon celestial spirits," Igneel said, pouting.

"Well this is where we part ways," Draco said, still supporting Elfgreen. "Part ways?" Emery asked, confused at the two mages. "Uncle Laxus and Master called, asking us to stay and help Ajeel with a secret mission," Elfgreen said, answering her question. Nashi walked over to Draco and Elfgreen giving them both a toothy grin, "Thanks for all your help."

    Elfgreen blushed at Nashi's nice words, "Any real man would have." Raiden smirked at his flustered cousin. Draco walked close to Nashi and looked down, his face only inches from hers. Storm noticed and was about to grab her when Gale stopped him. Draco whispered something for only Nashi to hear. A pink blush appeared over her cheeks as Draco smirked and walked away, satisfied with whatever he said. Storm rolled his eyes and began walking onto the boat muttering something about hating that stupid love rival. "Gihihi would you calm down," Gale said laughing at his angry friend. Nova giggled, "Gale could you set me down now? The blood is rushing to my head and I'm worried I might pass out."