Chapter 32

Ayla's pov:

A cry fills my ear, a distressed one. I look around the dark room and see a cot.

I look inside and there is the most beautiful baby, I've ever seen. Full, chubby cheek, honey coloured eyes, a button nose, wrapped in a white blanket.

As soon as the baby sees me, it quietens down slightly and raises its arms slightly, indicating me to pick it up. I pick it up and the baby quietens down completely.

I take it over to the bed I was lying on previously and place it on the bed and sit down myself. The baby starts babbling and smiling at me but after a while of me not replying it stops and starts pouting as of it's going to cry any moment now.

I quickly grab it and start cuddling it, in an attempt to soothe it. Maybe because of my open hair on it's face, the baby starts to laugh. I start tickling it and it starts laughing louder. Soon enough the whole room is filled with our giggles and laughter.

But all of sudden the door swings open, scaring us, making us jump in our skin. I look up and see him. Ismail.

'What's he doing here?' I think to myself.

And he raises his arm revealing the gun. And he shoots the child. I'm holding a bloody child in my arms.

I start screaming and crying it's a horrific sight. But then I hear another gunshot and pain erupts in my body. My vision blackens and ears start ringing.

I hear cries and screams and then silence.....

I wake up with a gasp from my nightmare.

My body, clothes and bed drenched in sweat.
Every breath I took was a task, my breathing was uneven and shallow. I was struggling.

I scrambled to grab my phone. I dialled the one person I knew would pick up.

"Come on, come on, come on." I whispered as the number was being dialled.

"Hello, api. Api. A.." I felt something drizzle down my leg. I look down and it finally clicks.

Shit.

"Api my water just broke." I say panicking.

"Ok. Wait what?"

"My water broke. Help! I don't know what to do!" I let out a sob.

"Ok. Salman's calling you an ambulance. Keep calm. Keep talking to me. What did you want to say before, tell me that?"

"I had nightmare, api. I was holding a baby one minute then the next minute..... The next minute Ismail shoots a bullet at it and all I see and feel is that baby's blood all over me. And he shoots me and then.... then someone screams and it all goes black. What does it mean? Api, I'm scared. What does it mean, it was so scary!"

"Shhhh, Ayla keep calm. It doesn't mean anything it was just a harmless nightmare. Keep calm. Keep breathing Ayla. I promise you it didn't mean anything. I promise."

"I know bu-" my breath gets stuck and everything blackens.

I pry my eyes open and see the hospital ceiling. All I hear are the beeping of various machines and scuffling of feet and that lulls me back into a deep slumber.

I come back to my senses again and I hear a sob before a fit of cries and my eyes close on their own accord again.

Darkness.

I now loved the darkness.

I found solace in it.

I felt calm in it.

But then yet again I was dragged out of the solace my heart felt and was left to the horrible news.

I awoke, no idea how long I had slept. No idea how much had happened in my absence. No idea what storm was going to be thrown my way.

My throat parched, I looked around the room to find anyone of assistance to me. There was no one.

I saw a glass of water near my bed and reached for it. As soon as I lifted my arm, excruciating pain shot through it. And I dropped my arm immediately, I just looked at the glass of water longingly and waited.

Waited for the darkness to take me again. 

And it did.

******
A shorter chapter today😬
Sorry😓