Chapter 25

Again I awoke from a dreamless sleep.

I checked the time it was 5:00am. I got up heading to the bathroom but my arm was grabbed and I was pulled back to face him.

"Stay asleep. You don't need to get up to make breakfast today." He says in a gruff tone.

"But-" I try to protest.

"But nothing go back to sleep. Your going to need energy for today." 

He left my arm and rolled over. He patted the space next to him "sleep here."

I reluctantly went over there and laid down. My back thanking me after sleeping on the floor for so long.

He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his nose into my hair. Just like we used to when we were in London. But back then I felt safe in his embrace, now I'm scared. He's planning a different way to hurt me I know.

Within seconds he was sleeping again, whilst I was still rigid in him embrace. He wouldn't let me escape. Even in his sleep.

Eventually I drifted into a dark sleep.

The morning came and I was to find out what Ismail had planned for me and it was not pleasant. Not at all.

He woke me up and stood in front of me with his hands plastered on his hips.

"Morning my jaan." He greeted with a sly smirk. "Had a good night sleep now?" He mocked.

I nodded my head.

And in an instance I was pinned to the bed, with him hovering over me.

"I guess it's time to take our marriage to the next level, what do you think begum?"

"W...what do you mean?" Oh, I knew exactly what he meant but I was hoping that it wasn't true.

"That we have children, my jaan. I would to carry a little me in my arms now." He smiles, it seems genuine an he is imaging the sight of him rocking his offspring to sleep.

"But my jaan. I'll tel this and I'll tell you this once and for all. You'll never be apart of those children's lives. You will give birth to them but you will never be apart of their lives. You don't deserve that privilege."

"W..W..what?" I asked confused.

"You heard what I said, you will give birth to them but you won't be apart of their lives. They will live motherless. I will teach them to hate you, to curse you with their every breath. The boys I will bring up to be exactly like me. And the girls will end up like you, meek and helpless. I will marry the girls off a t a young age to someone rich so I can benefit, just like your family did to you."

"No. No! Please don't do that! I beg of you."

"Oh but I will and there will be nothing to stop me. After you give me two sons, I will simply just kill you. So who will stop me then?" He mocks.

I start crying " you know Ismail, the angels curse the men who makes a woman cry."

"That's a bit ironic, my love. Why are you preaching Islamic teachings when you haven't prayed in months? When you haven't touched the Quran? When you don't even bother to turn to your Lord?"

That shut me right up.

"I guess we should start now." And he starts using my body.

He make sure he hurts me in every way, mentally, physically and emotionally. He's engraved in my mind so I can never escape he's trapped me. He's trapped in every way possible: my mind, my body and my soul. I doubt I'll ever survive.