Chapter 11

"What?" I shout in response.

"Woah! Calm down! Why are acting so sour Ayla?" Ismail questions as moves around my bed to come into my view.

"Well, you don't know how I'm feeling, do you? You don't know how it feels to lose your parent, your mum, after seeing just a glimpse of the battles she fought. You don't know how it feels to miss being by her side as she read the Shahadah and took her last breath. She should have been surrounded by her family, but instead she died with nurses who were there as it was a part of their job and not cause they loved her. You don't know how it feels to miss her funeral, to miss the last opportunity to see her resting face and bid her farewell." I was sobbing uncontrollably now. I couldn't do it. I didn't want to do it. I was lost without her that I don't know how I'll live my life.

My thoughts were interrupted by a nurse who gave me a tight smile and sarcastically said "sleeping beauty is awake now?"

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Ismail who had just disappeared. I sighed as she checked my vitals and told me I was fit enough to be discharged today in about an hour or so.

After she left, I laid back thinking about how and where I went wrong. I can't believe I missed my moms funeral, I never got to say goodbye. I didn't get to see her for the last time. It's NOT fair! The waterfall of tears started again, it's not like they are ever going to stop. They can't and they won't. One of the hardest tests of this world is the test of losing your parents. When you do, you no longer will have that guidance or love that you require and you never will do. You can only pray that you meet them in heaven, In sha Allah.

The door opened and in peeped my younger sister, she smiled at me and took a seat beside my bed. Following her, was my older sister and finally my aunt. They all gave me sympathetic smiles. "Come let's get you out of this hospital gown and get you home. Your nikkah is in a few hours." My aunt informed me. My nikkah? Oh! I forgot I agreed to marry the khota! Should I go ahead with it? I thought to myself. I have to it was my mother's dying wish, she had done so much for me. Surely, I could do this little thing for her, even if she wasn't alive anymore.

They helped me with all the formalities and I was out of the hospital. One thing I had realised whilst walking through the hospital was that it seemed to be different from the average NHS ones, it seemed more luxurious, for some odd reason.

When we reached outside I realised that this wasn't the local hospital. "Where are we? This isn't the normal hospital."

"You bagged a rich one Ayla. It's a private hospital he's been paying for treatment here these past few weeks." My elder sister said bitterly.

"Yes, you are quite lucky Ayla. He didn't once leave your side sure if these weeks. He really loves you." My aunt added in. I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes. I finally had a small happiness in my life and they couldn't stop themselves from making these snarky comments.

I'm glad I'll marry Ismail and get away from these toxic cows that are meant to be my blood relatives.

In sha Allah I'll be able to show Ismail the love he shows me.

I was ready for my Nikkah now. I was wearing an elegant white dress with a net duppata covering my hair, bought and chosen by Ismail. He had good taste for a guy I guess.

My aunt and sisters had helped me get ready

My aunt and sisters had helped me get ready. With big fake smiles plastered on their face, but pure envy seen in their eyes.

I honestly don't know why. If anyone had the right to be pissed it was me. I missed my mums funeral, I ended up in hospital and I'm getting married not even 2 hours after getting discharged from there. Oh and my future husband didn't have the audacity to even tell me. Like when did life start moving faster than a Ferrari please?

I was now on my way to the mosque. I would leave there a married woman. I would have different responsibilities, a different role to play now. I don't know if I'll be able to live up to it, I remember my mum's final words and calm myself down. Allah was the best of planners none of this would happened without his permission and he had the power to stop all this if he didn't want it to happen, I just have to put all my trust into him. Everything will be alright when I leave it in his hands.

I was taking deep breaths to calm my jittery nerves. We had arrived. Life was going to change when I left, I'll be known as his wife.

I don't know how to feel! I'm scared yet happy. Nervous yet excited. I want this new life yet I want my old life back. I take a deep breath and wake out of the car and am led into the mosque. There the rest of them are. My brother, my future husband, the witnesses and the imam.

My eyes stay glued on my future husband, he's wearing a white shalwar kameez with a shawl. And he looked HOT! He had caught me staring and smirked. I was then nudged by my aunt as a signal to look down as the imam had started to speak.

 I was then nudged by my aunt as a signal to look down as the imam had started to speak

It was time.

"Qabool hai"
"Qabool hai"
"Qabool hai"

I said accepting this new relation to be formed. I was now his wife, he was now my husband. My other half, the one I would spend the rest of my life with. I wonder what lies in this journey for me...

******

So the Nikah has taken place! 

I wonder what the future holds?