Chapter 27

I awake and I'm laying on a bed. A hospital one.

How did I get there?

The girl and his family cowered around me.

"Congratulations, you are expecting." The girl said with a stoic expression.

His mother and father looked at me in disgust, whilst his sister couldn't even meet my eye.

Sooner or later, they took me back 'home'. But I couldn't process what I had just been informed. I was expecting. I was going to be a mother.

But of whose child? 4 men had used my body and I had no idea who could the father could possibly be. I felt like a whore, a slut at that moment.

I was blessed with such a rehmat but I had been raped by multiple men.

I would never know whose child it is.

We stop outside the Hussain Haveli. And it comes to me that the man who brought me here, is now gone. And I feel empty yet free.

He's gone. He's finally gone.

He can't torture me anymore. He can't hurt me anymore. He can't rape me anymore.

He's gone.

I went inside to head to his room. I was tired I just needed rest for now. I'll sort out what to do later. I just need sleep.

Sleep I was never going to get. I was tipped by his mother and sister, both locking my way to the room.

When I tried to pass, I was stopped "Go away. We don't want you in this house. Being the bad omen you are, you first ruin my family's reputation, then you take my son away from me. I will not allow you to live here for a second longer. You deserved to die not my dear son-"

I stop her by holding up my hand, "please auntie, Baksh de mujhe." I saw folding my hands in from of her. "Itni bhi bakwas na bolu. You witnessed how he would beat me. You heard my screams for help. You knew everything that happened behind these many closed doors yet you never thought to stop him. So I suggest you be quiet. Your son wasn't shareef and he died an according death."

"You little bitch." She exclaimed and raised her hand to hit me. But it didn't hurt. I've endured much worse from the likes of her son and her husband. But I guess she thought she had done something.

But she hadn't really.

I had endured much worse.

"You slut. I won't allow you to live here and nurture that illegitimate child."

"Who said I was staying here? I'm going and hopefully you'll get to see my lash before I see yours." I say and walk to the other side of the haveli, towards the study.

Where all the torture started.

I walked into the study and found the devils father staring into space, with a smile. I cleared my throat to make my presence known.

He looked at me questioningly.

I took a seat and started "I'd like my meher please. I was entitled to it the day I signed the papers but for some reason never got it."

He nodded, "Ah yes, Ismail told me he kept your mehr in this study somewhere, the paperwork."

He started to look through the drawers and stopped at one. He leafed through the pages and handed it to me. "Your passport and other citizenship papers are in there as well. Ayla.We would never deprive you of your rights, we are Muslims after all."

I scoff, "you'll give me my mehr as you would never deprive me of my haq. But what about raising hands on your wife. Making your wife wish she had never signed the Nikah papers. What about buying the wife and still treating her like absolute shit?"

"Stay in your hadd larki." He snaps back at me sternly.

"I stayed in my limits for the last 9 months. Now I'll cross these limits cause who's going for hurt me now!" I laugh and leave the Hussain Haveli.

The cage, the prison. The place I never thought I'd leave alive. But I guess the impossible is possible.

I walk along the busy roads of Karachi. Trying to sort out my thoughts out. Trying to understand what I should do now. Trying to make sense of what had unravelled in a mere few hours.

I still couldn't wrap my head around it, I was free. Free from him.

I'll never have to face him ever again. But look at all the destruction he had caused me. I'm broken, hurt, shattered and tired. I just want to die. 

I look up at the skies and cry. "Mum, it's nearly been a year since you've gone. Look at me! LOOK AT THE STATE OF YOUR DAUGHTER! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW! WHY DID HE RUIN ME? WHY HAS HE BROKEN ME SO BADLY THAT I CAN'T GET HIM OUT OF MY MIND. I SHOULD BE GLAD HE'S GONE BUT I CANT.... I CANT FORGET ALL THE PAIN, THE TRAUMA EVERYTHING. EVERY LITTLE THING. EVERY ONCE OF PAIN HE'S CAUSED ME. EVERY DROP OF BLOOD HE MADE ME BLEED. EVERY TIME I THOUGHT ABOUT ENDING MYSELF. All of this because of him. It's ALL because of him. I'LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM. NEVER!"

Suddenly, my head starts to hurt, my eyelids start to feel heavy, my visions spins and blurs. And I collapse yet again but not before I hear someone scream: "AYLA!"

Then the world goes black.

I hear sounds of mumbling or talking and muffled yelling.

I pry my heavy eyelids open and wait for them to focus.

I look round and realise that I don't recognise this room.

Where the hell am I?

I pulled the duvet off of me and stood up. A wave of dizziness hit first but it calmed down after a few minutes.

The voices carried on talking.

I went towards the door, towards the voices. Step by step, pain in my arms and leg, whilst my mind is trying to understand my current situation.

Just as I was going to turn the doorknob, something said caught my attention.

A woman shouted, "she looks like she's been dragged through hell and back, have some rehm on her, PLEASE! I beg of you!"

Silence.

"She daughter for God's sake! How can you do such a thing! Why are you acting so stone cold?"

"That slut is not my daughter. God only knows who's child she is carrying if her so called husband died a month ago! And anyways she stopped me from going to my wife's funeral, and told me she is dead for me and I am dead for her. So I'm fulfilling her said words. She's dead! I have no idea who's daughter you've brought into my house. She deserves all that came to her. "

Those words ting but he was right. I said all those things. I don't know who's child in carrying.He's right.

He right I deserved this, all if this.

******
I think around 5-7 chapter left. 😊

Shoutout to df1214. You may be a silent reader but your votes on my chapters only a mere hours after really make my day. Thank you. ☺️