Chapter 16

We arrived at the bustling airport, armed with our passports and suitcases.

I was annoyed at Ismail. It was my 18th birthday and he had forgotten. I had given him loads of hints but the idiot never caught on. And what's worse is that he booked out flight to Pakistan today.

I lunged my suitcase and groaned. "What wrong, jaan?" Questioned my dear hubby. I rolled my eyes and kept walking towards the terminal. He grabbed my elbow before I could get any further. "I asked you Ayla, what's wrong with you?" He asked gritting his teeth.

"If you don't have any idea, then how can I tell you!" I shot back.
"With your mouth, tell me using your tongue, Ayla. I won't have you walking into my parent's house like I'm not fulfilling my duties as a husband, because I AM but you AREN'T" he screamed at me. I was taken aback, what? What does he mean I'M not fulfilling his needs. I looked up in confusion, "What do you mean?".

He looked me dead in the eye and said "you heard, you aren't fulfilling your duties as a wife by not pleasuring me." My eyes popped out of their sockets. "Wha-" before I could complete saying the word he interrupted me.

"YOU are not pleasuring me in bed." He whispered into my ear pulling me dangerously close "YOU are not submitting to me. YOU are not worth it."

"Worth what?" I questioned in shock.

"The investment." He replies. No. He couldn't mean what I was thinking, could he?

He stalks off at a fast pace which leaves me running after him, praying I don't get left behind. With my passport in one hand and luggage in the other, I made my way into the airplane to find Ismail already sat there with a stoic expression, as if he didn't just leave his wife behind.

I sat in my designated seat, which was obviously next to him and sighed. I turned to look out the window and heard him shuffling in his seat. "Ayla" he whispered. I didn't respond. "Ayla" he said in a stern voice. No reply again.

He sighed and got up from his seat. "I'm sorry my jaan. I was disgustingly wrong to say such a thing. Please forgive me." He said whilst pulling his ears and an adorable pout on his face. I turned my face away from him, I can't give in this easily.

"Jaaneman, I'm sorry. I promise I'll never do anything like that again. I love you I would never and I mean never mean that." Then he he softly says "I would never force you into such an act. Please forgive me for saying a loathsome thing. I love you with all my heart Ayla."

He says it so sincerely that I almost forget that I'm mad at him, keyword being almost.

"Oh so she's still mad!" He exclaims like he thought that that speech would definitely win me over, well it didn't I guess, I thought to myself. "Yeah, throw everything away." He said to someone. I snapped to see the air hostess walking away with her arms full with bags. "What was that?" I questioned him. " that? Oh, it was nothing!" He exclaimed. "Fine then!" And I turned back to look at the clouds as there was nothing else to look at.

"Ah hem" I hear a certain someone clear their throat. I roll my eyes and turn to him. He's kneeling in front of me with a ring box in one hand and his other hand was holding his ear. Whilst he was surrounded by gift bags from high end designers like Gucci, Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dior.

I looked at him in confusion. He simply smiled and said "Happy Birthday Jaaneman." He opened the box to show a beautiful gold ring, an intricate yet beautiful design in the middle and the initials 'I' and 'A' cleverly hidden in the design. It was breath taking.

He again cleared his throat, "this was meant to be a smooth surprise for your birthday, but like always you mess everything up." He says with a smirk.

I slap his arm playfully and forward my hand. He slips on the ring and starts talking again "I'm sorry I should never have said anything like that, it was wrong of me to say so, and I'll promise to never say a thing ever again. Just forgive me once. I was meant to say anything to divert your mind from your birthday because I knew you'd be annoyed if I didn't remember, after ALL those reminders." He chuckled. "And as a result that accidentally slipped out, I never meant it. Please forgive me. PLEASE!" He pleaded.

"I forgive you but say anything like that again and I won't hesitate to chop your tongue off. And I promise I'll give myself to you when I'm ready. I've just accepted that I'm a married woman give me some time to fulfil those 'other' duties. I'm trying, I really am you just need to give me time. Have a little sabr, please."

"I could wait a lifetime for you, don't worry Ayla. And don't worry yourself we won't have a physical relationship if your not ready." He reassured.

I smiled at him and he instantly smiled back. After that, we spent the flight on friendly terms, but I couldn't help to wonder how long I could delay before I had to submit myself to him. How much longer could I make him keep his distance?

We arrived in Pakistan and soon enough we were stood outside Ismail's house. The words 'The Hussain Haveli' were written in bold on a plaque at the gates of the luxurious house. My in-laws are definitely minted. I thought to myself.

Ismail guided me to the entrance and the doors were opened by the men himself, Ismail's father he welcomed me with a warm smile and embraced me "welcome home my beti". Coming out of the embrace I said " Thank you uncle."
"Uh uh uncle nahi chalein ga."
"Then what?" I questioned, puzzled at what he was trying to say.
"Abbu. Call me abbu." He said with a big smile in his face. I nodded in response, overwhelmed with his happiness for seeing me.

"Will you move out the way so I can meet my lively bahu?" An unfamiliar voice questioned from behind unc- abbu.

I was then dragged into another embrace very harshly. I was taken out of the embrace and my face was smothered with kisses and I was being showere by compliments before I was again take into an embrace, this happened so wuickly my mind barely registered what had occurred.

Finally I was realised and came face to face with a beautiful lady who was smiling so widely I could see all teeth. She looked ecstatic. "Maa sha Allah my bahu, no not my bahu my beti is so pretty. How did a rat like my son catch a diamond like her?" She questioned Ismail.

"Muuum." Ismail whined, while I laughed along with my mother in law.

I was again dragged into another embrace. Another woman slightly shorter than me in height. I pulled out and looked out, this girl was also beautiful and many of her facial features resembled my mother in laws, suggesting she was my sister in law. "Bhabi what are doing still standing. Come in, come in." I was pulled into a lavish sitting room and was introduced to all the servants who were just as happy to see me as were the family. And here I thought no one would accept me. I was then given a house tour.

We were called to dinner and I was hungry. The aromas of the tasty food that were wafting around the house weren't helping me either. We walked in and there was a literal feast in front of me every dish I could possibly make was there, ready to eat. We dig in. As we were eating the topic of Ruksati came up, they wanted to hold a 'wedding' to inform the world that their son was a married man, I guess a Nikah isn't enough.

A mendhi was going to be held as well as a reception fans walima. Most preparations had been completed, the only main thing that was need to do was outfits, mine and Ismail's specifically. All these events would be held in a weeks time.

It's like Ismail knew he would be able to convince me in that time, all preparations had been done. This was all a bit suspicious to me...

******

How was the chapter?
She's now in Pakistan, what will she have in store for her do you think?