Nine

Pairing her favorite peach colored tee on which was written 'Faith' in beautiful white italics with her denim jeans, Rafa started to comb her hair

Pairing her favorite peach colored tee on which was written 'Faith' in beautiful white italics with her denim jeans, Rafa started to comb her hair. She scooped her bangs to fall on the sides and pulled her shoulder length blond hair into a high ponytail. She applied some mascara and smudged her lips with her all-time-any-time-going beetroot flavored lip balm.

Her steps echoed through the empty space, bouncing up and down with a wave of excitement, she strolled towards her brother's room. Unlike him, she preferred knocking on the door. She clamped her fingers and knocked on the door twice before the answer came, "Come in."

She opened the door and stepped inside to find Yahya sitting on the foot of his bed. His room looked the exact opposite to Rafa's unruly, messy one. Clad in khaki chinos with a blue shirt which matched his navy blue blazer, he clasped his fingers, rubbing them together to create some heat.

"Trust me, Yahya, she is easy-going. " Rafa tried to ward off the nervousness, taking a seat beside him.

"Admiring from afar was easier."

"Okay! Don't make fun of me," Rafa put a hand over his cheek, pulling his face to meet her eyes, "I think love sure has a language. If you love and don't know how to express it. Then my dear brother, it's not love," she was thankful that he did not interrupt her by bursting out into full fledged laughter at her grandma tone.

Taking it as a hint, she continued, "Yahya, admiring a person is good but you should take the next step. Like our schooling, we graduate from one class to the other to reach the top. Sitting idle will not benefit you, I understand you have a whole lot of sh*t going on in your life and you want to settle your affairs to believe that you deserve her. But today! Trust me, it's just a small dinner, all you will have to do is exchange a few conversations, see whether you actually like her or all you felt was admiration towards her. Okay?"

Yahya nodded and the ringing of the bell broke their trance apart. "I will answer the door, you can come out whenever you feel comfortable. Alright?"

"Right."

With that assurance, Rafa walked out of his room through the small alley where a neat painting of lotus flowers hung. She left out a breath she was holding and with a smile stretching through her face, she opened the door, beaming, "Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, welcome."