Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

"Their love was too perfect to be true," Rafa whispered with a gentle sigh.

Her hands spun circles in the clear glass pot of boiling water, stirring the egg noodles. The spicy noodle sauce she had prepared earlier rested on the side, waiting to be mixed in well after they drained the noodles.

A lone tear dropped from her glassy eyes, prompting Abdur Rehman to stand straight from his leaning posture on the counter. He moved towards her and caged his fingers over her small waist, his other hand rushing to wipe it away.

"Aashiq was an amazing human." She made eye contact,"with his demise, we lost our dear friend too. Jesima is never the same."

"Tragedies tend to change people, Rafa."

"Yeah . . ." She broke into a small smile, "Most of the time, for better."

For that, Abdur Rehman nodded, placing a loving kiss on the place of the tear which his fingers had soaked.

Rafa's cheeks warmed up. "I am going to go and wash my hands." She pressed her lips into a straight line, simmering the flame. One of the pros of getting an Air BnB was they could cook meals together while cherishing memories.

"Shall I accompany you, Miss," Abdur Rehman gushed, following behind.

"With pleasure," she laughed, and his heart simmered its worries at the melody. Talking about the past always brought itself with a gush of emotions.

Opening the bathroom door, they both stepped into the wide lunge displaying twin sinks.

Rafa moved towards one and having removed her gloves earlier, she pressed the top of the hand wash and started to scrub her fingers.

Abdur Rehman stared at her form reflecting in the mirror and wondered how blessed he had been to marry such a beautiful woman.

Her honey golden curls danced with her each moment, their open state made them dwindle side by side. Baby hair peeked over her forehead and her fair skin radiated their effervescence.

The pink smudge of her lips caught his attention, making his whole body go rigid. Pearls of water's splashes on the mirror caused a small hurricane inside his heart. Without giving a thought, he moved forward and opened his side of the faucet, he scurried a palmful of water over Rafa.

His action took her off-guard and she screeched in shock but in no time, a devilish grin took over her face telling aloud that you-messed-with-the-wrong-person.

Shaking her head with a chuckle, she splashed the running water over him. He laughed in wonder, moving quickly to defend himself from getting wet and terribly failing at the continuous splashes, his hand moved to cover over his face.

The evil laughter of his wife ignited flames of desire in his heart, the game boosted his adrenaline, a thrill ran through his veins as he jerked forward and took his turns of victory, laughing his heart out, he threw as much water as he could on her.

The fight that started with just splashes turned even big when they brought their limbs to covet and clutch the other one's hand to splash more.

Two adults turned even worse than children, having their time of life. World, long forgotten. Smiles - heartfelt. Joys, boundless. Worries overlooked.

When she didn't know, all of a sudden her leg slipped and Rafa landed on the floor with a thud. Abdur Rehman followed the lead, hand fighting all aboard.

At one point, they stilled and reality hit them hard, harder than the water, and echoes of laughter filled the whole room. Eyes gleamed with mirth and the distance drifting apart, bringing with it a closeness like never before.