Fourteen

The sun shined brightly over the territory of the land, causing a golden glow to erupt throughout the roads as if someone had switched on the yellow light on the sky

Rafa pulled on her sneakers listening to the chirping of the birds. Even though she was never a morning person, there was something in waking up for her Lord that caused a wave of peacefulness to blanket her heart.

She bid adieu to her fellow classmates of her Sunday class at the Masjid and picked up her bunny shoulder bag. Hanging it on her shoulders, she straightened the creases of her hijab before moving out of the masjid.

Having a quick stop at Cinnabon to get some takeouts of cinnamon rolls, she placed the box on her passenger seat and whirled the car towards Shabna's house. She shook her head when a goofy smile tried to spread through her face, butterflies nested in her stomach thinking about the condition in her house.

She couldn't still believe that her parents showed a green signal and were considering her marriage. Of course, they wouldn't have gone against her wishes, but she was yet to wrap her head around the fact that if everything turned out well, she would soon be a bride-to-be.

She smiled to herself prettily stopping the car on the red light. Placing a hand over the steering, she absentmindedly tried to bite her nails.

Anyone could tell that she was naive, unpleasant for having such simple wishes in life-just a married life where she would get things above the materialistic needs she could provide herself with. A Love.

A Love that is beyond to comprehend, whose worth can't be measured in silly novels, whose might may shake the highest of peaks, whose depth may cross the deepest of oceans. She felt stupid to expect but she believed that if she married Abdur Rehman, she will surely get to live a love she has only seen from afar. The love between Shabna-Maahi, Fathima-Ali and Samra-Ahmed.

Parking the car in the free space in front of the two storey apartment, she got down, shaking her head from the giddy thoughts.

"Surprise," she chimed when Shabna opened the door for her.