Six

[Kind request: Blast my notifications to get me motivated lol]

"Excuse me?" He knocked lightly on the clear window, knowing fully well how he looked suspicious

"Excuse me?" He knocked lightly on the clear window, knowing fully well how he looked suspicious. A bearded man with sweat-soaked clothes knocking on your window in the middle of the night wasn't exactly the definition of normal.

Twinkling, teary eyes snapped towards him suddenly, startling him. "Is everything alright?" He asked, taking a few steps back as the door cracked open.

A loud shriek echoed through the night, filling the skies as the woman violently swung open the door. "Leave me for the love of God!" She screamed, yielding her bag as a weapon, her face masked with worry and distress.

"Sorry?" Abdur Rehman exclaimed, stumbling backward with surprise.

With the woman fully out of the car, her skirt brushing against the road, and arm sleeves bunched up, she swung her bag his way, missing his form by inches before swinging again.

"Ma'am! Ma'am!" He exclaimed, dodging her attempts to assault him. His water bottle slipped his grip, the metal clanging against the ground as it fell.

"Leave me alone!" She screamed, her voice laced with fear as she somehow managed to hit him.

The bag wasn't heavy or particularly a good weapon, but the vigor she swung with made the attack overwhelming. He wanted her to stop, to listen, but she kept on hitting and screaming. He wasn't sure if anyone could hear her, but if he didn't put an end to it, he would be spending the night in jail.

"Stay away from me! I recite ayat ul kursi three times twice a day, you can't harm me!" She shrieked. Tears that stained her cheeks glistened under the moonlight.

"I was just trying to help!" Abdur-Rehman yelled back, tripping on loose gravel, he landed on the ground. His bottom burned with the impact, his hands not fast enough to break his fall.

From his spot on the road, when he looked up at the woman who had frozen as soon as she heard his revelation, he recognized the hijab-clad face in the glow of the streetlight.