epilogue: graduation (i)

EIGHT MONTHS LATER:

He is going to fulfill another rite of passage today. Graduating high school. Possibly the biggest gateway to conquer in a person's life.

Liam smiles softly as he lays down his pressed, navy blue graduation gown on his unmade bad, idly wondering how much the simple garment symbolises for the wearer; how he had made it through the toughest four years of his life, and how he now had so much experience to face life under his belt.

No, he's not talking about the useless shit he crammed in school, but the life experiences that Liam achieved from interacting with people, his team mates, his friends, his teachers. And he couldn't be more thankful that his high school life had made such a great impact on his life in the end.

Sure, it had started out rough, but it really goes to show that to an extent, you are the master of your own fate and only you can stand up for yourself, better than anyone else can for you. It had all changed for Liam when he had stood up for himself.

He had gotten lessons of useful life experiences, on how to appreciate himself more, others more, and so much more.

Not to mention Liam could have never imagined that by the end of his high school life, he would have fallen so deep and so hard for the tiny boy he had been absent mindedly looking out for over an year. It would have seemed crazy months ago.

And it would have seemed something out of a crappy and clichè fanfiction if you had told Liam that the guy he would be in love with, in just a year would stalk him and sext him and call him daddy.

But now it just amuses him. Can't say he doesn't like the younger boy calling him daddy though.

Liam had of course initially been mad at Louis for lying to him for so long, but understood his insecurities and just accepted that they were supposed to meet like this. It's a way more fun story to tell than the plain old we started as friends then dated.

Liam smiles at the thought of Louis Tomlinson, his adorable and sassy boyfriend of more than six months. It had not even been a year since they had been together, but Liam is pretty sure this is his first true love, cheesiness and all.

All the things he's heard and read about being in love now seem so relatable, and Liam feels so much more happier when he's around Louis, can talk to him about literally everything, a plus point being that Louis is an excellent listener. Lou might seem a bit immature at times, but it might surprise you how wise and serious he could get when you needed him to be.

It baffles Liam how he had been going through his life without Louis in it until now. Now he can't picture doing anything without imagining what the turquoise eyed boy would think or comment.

Their relationship is a weird but completely endearing one, that nobody but the two boys can understand. They play fight and bicker like siblings, always prank each other and call the other names, but the next minute they are extremely sappy and cuddly and giggly and making heart eyes at the other. Their friends are used to it now.

They love riling the other up, and yeah, they love each other too.

And when they are not together, just texting the blue eyed boy lifts Liam's mood up again. Louis had always managed to do that, even when he hadn't known who Louis was.

And now as Liam has to move to another country, he dreads to think how he'll fare being away from Louis, his source of sunshine, for so long. He contemplated just taking Louis away in his suitcase (the younger boy agreeing because he'd probably fit) but of course Louis has to stay here and complete high school.

Liam's hard work has finally paid off, and he has been awarded a sports scholarship to his dream college. He is still in disbelief and over the moon, but mostly still worried that he'll be far away from his boyfriend. Money was not a problem, so his parents, to reward him for the scholarship had bought him an apartment close to his college, NYU.