71.

Harry paces the length of Liam's balcony-- which is one of the quietest places at this time-- mumbling to himself in agitation.

"Zayn is being so ridiculous! And Niall is being such an ass! Why do those both suddenly hate each other so much?" Harry groans.

Louis tuts at Harry's denseness. "Just give those two time," Louis has his eyes trained on his best friend who stops pacing and looks at him while chewing on his lower lip.

Louis continues, gripping onto the railing with his free hand, the other occupied with holding a red solo cup filled with alcohol which he hasn't drunk... yet. "It isn't either's fault actually," he says thoughtfully. "Niall is drunk and disoriented, and the poor guy clearly has a crush on you. And Zayn is right in being defensive and he is being more fierce because he's a but tipsy as well, but I hope they don't punch each other or something. Even though that'd be so fun!" Louis grins.

"Louis!" Harry smacks him, making Louis smirk with a shrug.

"I'm glad you and Liam stepped in though, Zayn was ready to punch the guy," Louis says and Harry groans again.

"I thought only you were going to supposed to deal with drama at this party," he spits, and Louis just chuckles with a shrug, looking out at the view outside the balcony.

"I hate how Zayn gets so jealous, but I've noticed how Niall tries to provoke him even more... right?" Harry turns to Louis. "Or am I just seeing things?"

Louis smiles widely and fondly pets Harry's curls. "Finally Hazza is catching up. Yes, Zayn gets jealous and yes Niall has a crush on you so he flirts with you but not so innocently also likes to piss Zayn off."

"This is so confusing," Harry sighs, and Louis rubs his back.

"C'mon, you just need a drink Haz, loosen up," Louis says, offering him the red solo cup. "Just take it, don't give me shit about how we're underage and--"

Harry snatches the cup out of his hand before Louis gets to finish, downing half drink and hands him the cup back, coughing at the burn. Louis whistles, impressed.

"And it's really not that confusing. They just need to talk it out. Niall will have to move on or whatever and Zayn needs to learn to control his jealousy. But we can't blame either of them, because I think they have their reasons to do so," Louis says seriously, making Harry realise for nth time how wise his best friend is when he needs to be.

"Yeah I guess," Harry breathes. He just wanted them all to get along, was that too much to ask? Zayn and Niall had started off on a great foot, and not suddenly it all had went downhill.

"You do realise that both boys have feelings for you, right?" Louis asks suddenly, and Harry nods slowly, chewing on his lower lip.

"I don't even understand why," he whispers and Louis just rolls his eyes.

"Now I know you and Zayn have a history by now, but still I gotta ask. Who do you want to be with, Haz?" Louis questions seriously. Harry glances at him in surprise, and Louis raises an eyebrow.

"With Zayn of course. I've had feelings for him for a long time, he's one of my best friends and the first person I met when I moved here and I-I just Lou, everything feels so much exciting and lighter and happier with Zayn. And Niall, he's a really great bloke and I admit he's quite hot and kinda sexy in a strange way and a really great lad to be around, but I don't see anything else with him," Harry finished his ramble, exhaling heavily, carding his fingers through his curls.

"Well there you have it. I think Niall will understand and just regret this once the alcohol wears off and you," Louis pokes a finger at Harry's chest, "Go and get your man."