~~~~~~19~~~~~~

I caught up with the rest of the group by the door, they were trying to open the door but every time they touched it they winced backward in pain.

"Get away from the door!" I ordered watching them look at me as I moved up to them and they obeyed stepping away from it. Patton was holding San tightly to him when I approached them. "This is Insanity's door. It feeds off your energy but it can't feed off mine."

"What are we going to do now?" Roman asked when I let my hand be consumed with smoke and braced it onto the door. Using my energy I began to force the door to open even with the resistance it was giving off.

"We still need to save Thomas from Insanity," Logan answered I was focusing on the door while the two of them bickered back and forth. The door was stronger than I thought until I felt a hand on my back.

"You got this Virgil." San's voice whispered into me as I felt a small power boost hit me and I forced the door wide open. Everyone escaped from it just as I saw Janus and Remus running towards us and the door slammed shut before they could reach us.

"Where to now?" Patton asked if I caught myself on the wall feeling very dizzy after sending out a huge energy blast.

"We need to take San somewhere to recharge, somewhere with a lot of light," I answered in which Logan said Patton's room and we headed in that direction. Surprisingly Roman caught my arm and helped me walk to the room. Patton opened his door as I hoisted up my hood to cover myself from the bright light of Patton's room. San took in all of the happiness, joy, and love that the room gave while I leaned up against the wall.

"Thank you so much, my boys...if I was there for much longer then you would all fade from existence." San exclaimed I watched her slightly dance like she was part of a Disney movie as my strength that I had started to disappear.

"What now? We still have to stop Insanity to get Thomas back." Roman asked San when she sat down on Patton's bed next to her.

"I need to recharge if I'm going to take on Insanity. He is a lot stronger than me right now and I will be no help to Thomas if he defeats me." San explained to him before I pushed myself from the wall so she could see me.

"San...you know that we don't have any other options. You have to let me do this." I was reminded of watching her body shoot up as I cowered like a dog with his tail between it's legs.

"Absolutely not Virgil. I will not risk that. I just need five minutes and I will imprison him again as I did before." San exclaimed I lowered my face away until a sharp pain hit my chest and knocked the wind out of me. Clutching my chest and hitting the wall I saw the others turning to look at me.

"It's Thomas....his fear is intensifying. We don't have time to wait." I wanted to see San lower herself before sighing because she knew what she had to do.

"I can hold off Insanity momentarily but not forever. You guys need to grab Thomas and keep him safe. This is the only plan I have." San answered softly. I knew that was not a plan but everyone else agreed to it. With that, we all synced out of the mind palace and back into the real world where we saw darkness everywhere. Thomas was surrounded by tendrils holding his head in pain and Insanity was laughing from afar. This was it...this was the battle that could destroy the Light Sides and Thomas completely.

~~The big battle is coming will they succeed???~~