~~~~ 18 ~~~~

With me, at the lead, I was moving the Light sides out of the prison and through the dark realm until we found where Insanity was keeping San and Thomas. As we walked down the hallways, memories of my past constantly flew past my mind. It was making me very uncomfortable so I had to shake it off.

"Virgil...do you have a plan if we have to face Insanity?" Roman asked from behind me trying to keep up with my swift strides.

"Hopefully when we get to San, she can help us with figuring that out. We just need to find her first. First, we may have to deal with Remus and Janus." I answered keeping my eyes forward while we hiked up the stairs to the main room.

"That sounds simple, that may be easier than slaying the Dragon Witch." Roman chuckled in which I stopped to stare at him. I knew he was trying to be optimistic but that wouldn't work within this world.

"Nope," I muttered passing Roman when I stopped closing my eyes trying to sense anything from San so I could find her. Her warmth was faint but I could use it to track her location leading the others through many corridors.

"This place is a maze...how are we going to find Thomas or San?" Patton exclaimed behind me. I just kept moving, not answering any questions. Eventually, I saw a hallway where both Remus and Janus were pushing the others backward. 

"Okay we need to get San out of there before the last of her light fades and the only way to do that is to get past Remus and Janus," I explained to them seeing Roman stepping up to take on his twin brother I was guessing.

"Oh, dukeeeeey is this door to your bedroom? Finally, I can redo it and make it look so much better." Roman yelled I heard a bunch of curses heading over as I took the others other than Roman into my grasp and used my shadows to hide us. Roman began running the other way with Remus chasing after him before reappearing.

"One down...one to go," I muttered seeing Janus glancing around for any signs of us before I felt Patton's hand on my shoulder.

"I can do this...after all, he is my opposite." Patton smiled. I nodded, taking Logan and vanishing again, leaving Patton alone. He stepped to the side locking eyes with his opponent before starting to sing the truth song. "It's better, to be honest, and tell the truth, I will follow my heart and stay true to myself..."

"No you won't," Janus yelled moving towards him as Patton began to run screaming the lyrics with Janus in tow. Soon as he was gone I made us reappear looking at Logan and we moved to the door they were protecting. I took the door into my hand and repeated the process with what I did with the prison gates. With enough force, I burst open the door seeing San lying unconsciously on the bed provided.

"We are running out of time," I muttered moving to San touching her pale face with Logan standing behind me keeping his eyes on the door.

"What can we do for her?"  he asked if I knew maybe I could take some of the darkness that was holding her down into myself thought this would be painful. Touching her skin I began to absorb the darkness from her into myself before she gasped awake and I almost collapsed from how much I took.

"Virgil? Logan?" San began sitting up when Logan took my arm and helped me to my feet though I was a bit off-balance. San stood touching my chest. I nodded that I was okay clutching my sore head. "We don't have much time...Insanity has Thoams with him."

"And he is ours." Remus's voice echoed behind us as we turned to see both Janus and Remus holding Patton and Roman in their energy hold before dropping them to the ground. I pushed San behind me near Logan before Patton and Roman scrambled to their feet to stand by me.

"Get San to the main door, it's in that room we came out of in the beginning. I'll handle these two." I ordered Logan, who I knew, to remember where the entrance was before blasting both Remus and Janus from the doorway. While they recovered the others moved out leaving me behind. As Remus and Janus stood I could see they were preparing for a fight in which I smirked at them. "You have no idea what you just unlocked."

"Oh?" Remus chuckled. I smirked before summoning a huge wave of darkness and blinding them with it, giving me a chance to escape.

 I smirked before summoning a huge wave of darkness and blinding them with it, giving me a chance to escape

~~Lol to Roman's little moments~~