~~~12~~~

Another week has gone by and lately, the door has been opening slightly every single day driving me absolutely crazy. Now that I think about it, it feels like he is just drawing my energy to fuel him like he was feeding on me too. That explains why Remus is constantly touching it, Remus is sending his energy to him so that while he gets stronger San gets weaker. I wish I could send her some of my energy to help her but my energy would make her weaker instead of stronger. So maybe I could help her by making the others give her some of their light energy without them knowing. Maybe if Patton is baking and filling the mind palace with his happiness it could help San. Walking downstairs I saw Patton coloring in his coloring book and humming the Winnie the Pooh theme song.

"Hey Padre," I replied seeing him stop lifting his head and his face lit up with happiness because sometimes I don't normally interact with these guys. Moving to the kitchen I knew if I pretended to make cookies maybe Patton would get motivated to help. So I began rummaging through the pantry for what I believed were cookies. Flour and sugar then some eggs making a lot of noise while I did it.

"What are you doing in there kiddo?" Patton asked from where he was as I swallowed sharply knowing this could go one of two ways. It could work with Patton but I will have to deal with sly comments from Roman or this will flop and San will suffer for it.

"I was hungry and wanted to make some cookies. I don't know what I am doing." I answered hearing a gasp of excitement then saw him jump to his feet and rush over to the kitchen.

"My son is trying to bake...I am so excited to hear. Let me help you." he giggled, throwing a black and purple apron he conjured at me. Then placed one of his own on him and I pretended to be interested in this. While we prepared the cookies I could see the happiness pulsating from Patton and the pain that was lingering inside me was subsiding for a bit. Watching Patton pulling out the third tray of cookies, inhaling the aroma, and giggling when he put them on the counter. "Virgil...thank you."

"For what? You did all of the baking. I just stood here." I pointed out watching him take off the oven mitts and dropping them to the counter.

"Yes, but you made me feel better. After what happened with Janus I was lacking self-confidence that I could help Thomas anymore but this made me realize that I can't give up on my child. So thank you." Patton exclaimed I felt a small smile fill my lips while he grabbed the spatula and scooped some of the cookies onto a plate. He then took one and handed it to me with a huge grin on his face. "For you...extra chocolatey."

"Thanks, Padre," I answered while he turned back around to take some more off the tray and before I could take a bite from the cookie a sharp pain hit my chest. It was strong enough to force me into the doorway where I hit the frame hard. Patton's head snapped to look at me as I braced my hand on my chest and saw his worry. "Sorry...I think Thomas is stressing himself out about something. Maybe I should go check on things."

"Alright, I'll save you some cookies." Patton smiled. I nodded, putting the cookie he gave me on the counter and the apron disappeared from my chest. When Patton was distracted I quietly and quickly went up the stairs leading to the door. I knew it was open again but the pain told me that it wasn't just open this time. Turning the corner I saw the door almost fully open as I darted towards it and latched my hand onto the handle. Pain filled my body as I struggled to pull it completely closed this time. Eventually, I managed to get it fully closed and relief hit me.

"Virgil? What the hell are you doing?" I heard Roman's voice from behind me when I turned to see him looking at me confused. He knew this was the Dark side's territory and even though I was half a Dark Side he didn't know that I came on this side. "Virgil? What is going on?"

~~Uh oh...~~