~~ 5 ~~

I was sitting on the edge of my bed while San was covering herself with one of the hoodies that I provided her. She was trying to stay warm holding it tightly to my body but it didn't seem to help her.

"I don't understand...I thought you said that this was impossible. I thought you said that inescapable." I began watching her pace in the room back and forth while I was bracing my face with my hand.

"I said it was preventable...not impossible. And it is only escapable if you and the others allow it to be. Virgil, I don't know how much longer I can keep him at bay. You must've noticed the signs?" San answered shivering while I began to rub my temples trying to calm down my anxiety that way it was less on Thomas.

"You mean Janus and Remus? Then yes. You mean that door you told me to keep closed has been cracking open more often than usual and it seems to be getting closer to being wide open. Then yes. That Patton is now feeling it. Then yes. Janus and Remus are up to something and they keep sprouting those riddles. Now Thomas is starting to look like you and is also saying a very scary riddle which we both know what that means." I explained watching San's face snap towards me then I saw her begin to mutter to herself while she paced even more now and now I could see something was definitely wrong. Standing up I caught San's arms into my hands turning her to face me as she locked her brown eyes into mine. "San...talk to me. What the hell is going on? And please...don't dance around my questions."

"He's coming, Virge...I'm using all of my energy and strength to keep him back but he is stronger this time. I think it has to do with the others forcing the doorway open for him but as long as I'm still awake he can't get through." she began though I could see by the looks of her I could tell that she was starting to waste away. I don't know how much longer she was holding it back which meant I needed to figure out a way to lock him away myself.

"San? You can barely stand. How are you going to lock him away again?" I asked my hands still holding her as I could feel her body start to slightly collapse to the floor.

"I don't know but I need to try everything I can...if he takes over you know what will happen to the others. You know what he will do to Logan...to Patton...to Roman, the other Light Sides Virge. We can't let this happen to Thomas." she explained seeing the pain in her face again as I released her arms from my grip.

"Okay...okay...what do you need me to do?" I offered to watch her wrap my hoodie tighter against her delicate frame and moved away from me.

"Just keep the others acting as normal as you can. Do not tell them about him because then they will panic and that panic will fuel his strength which we can't let happen under any circumstance." she began where my brow lifted as I wondered if she completely forgot who I was, I was the source of Thomas's anxiety. The source of his anxiousness and she wanted me to keep everyone calm? Before I could say anything I felt her hands brace my cheeks sending a strange feeling deep inside of me, it was a feeling of happiness and pain-free. Normally I would wince at that feeling but after everything I've been through and everything, San has done I welcomed her touch. "Listen to me, Virge...I know you can do this. Just try and keep them calm. Keep that door closed for as long as you can. I will keep in touch when I can but I can't keep my form while holding him back so I need to conserve my energy."

"Okay, I'll try..." I answered watching her remove my hoodie from her body then hand it back to me which I instantly took into my grip watching her back away from me.

"Remember Virgil...once his door can no longer be closed it will mean he's almost here...Stay safe my child," she whispered before her form started to distort again turning into shimmers of light then disappeared in an instant leaving me standing there with a huge task in my lap.

~~Who are they talking about? Can Virgil prevent what is to come?~~