Dreamer (Yandere Abbacchio x Reader)

**My first attempt at writing an 'x reader' in the third person, hopefully it goes well. Writing tips are always welcome!**

B/N = brother's name

"Here's your bag, miss." Abbacchio handed the purse back to the young lady after it had been snatched away by a criminal. Luckily he was there to see it and actually catch the man.

"Thank you so much officer!"  Y/N gave Abbacchio an endearing smile, which made him blush and pull down his hat. He thought she was charming and beautiful, with smiling e/c eyes and full of happiness and light.

"Don't mention it. It's just my job." He mumbled, rubbing his neck.

"Well, I think you guys deserve a lot of appreciation, so thank you."

No, not me, Abbacchio thought, remembering the bribe he took not too long ago. I don't think I deserve her appreciation.

"My brother is an officer too, ya know?" she continued.

That caught Abbacchio's attention. "Your brother?"

She nodded. "His name is officer L/N and I'm super proud of him! He's my big bro and-- oh look, there he is now! Hey B/N!" 

Abbacchio turned around and saw his partner walking up to them. The girl was now eagerly waving at her brother with a big grin on her face. B/N went up to her and ruffled her hair, the same grin on his face as hers.

"What are you doing here, sis?" B/N asked.

"Oh well, my bag got stolen, but he got it back for me!" she said, gesturing to Abbacchio.

"Is that so? You need to keep a better eye on your things, sis, and be more careful too." He said, scolding her, though he wasn't angry, just concerned. "You're lucky that Leone was here to stop it. Otherwise, who knows what might've happened?"

"I know, I know." she said, like she'd heard this speech a thousand times before. "I'll be more careful. It's just that-- well sometimes my thoughts just take me places, I can't help it!" she said with a laugh.

B/N chuckled. "Alright now, go run along then. I'll see you later."

 Y/N hugged her brother and then waved goodbye to the both of them and ran off. "Thanks again, Leone!" she said happily, making him blush again at her sweetness.

B/N shook his head with a smile. "She's such a sweet girl, but she just can't ever seem to stop daydreaming."

Abbacchio nodded. "She's very...happy." It was the best word he could think of to describe her. He had never met anyone who could light up the area like that. The world seemed to get dimmer to him as she left. He immediately felt the need to have her talk to him again or even just see her again.

"That she is, it's what people love about her."

"I see. What's her name?"

"Y/N".

Y/N and Abbacchio would meet several more times, with Abbacchio never quite being able to ask her on a date, but simply seeing her was enough for him. The pure light that Y/N brought into Abbacchio's life enamored him and deepened his love for her.

But tragedy soon struck.

His partner, B/N, had died, and Abbacchio believed it was his fault. How could he possibly face Y/N after that? What was worse, was that it got out that he was a dirty cop for accepting a bribe, and because of that revelation and the death of her brother, Abbacchio had to witness Y/N's beautiful and happy light fade.

I should never have taken that bribe, he thought. 

Despite leaving the police force, Abbacchio frequently spied on the girl, following her whenever he could. She no longer daydreamed as much anymore, so at times she almost caught Abbacchio stalking her. It didn't deter him, he had to make sure she was safe.

What I wouldn't give to see Y/N the way she used to be. The way she used to be before I came along and fucked everything up. I did this to her...and I'll never forgive myself. The least I can do now is make sure she's safe, always.

His stalking may have started with pure intentions, but it soon became something more. As she slowly recovered from her loss, Y/N started to smile more often, and every time Abbacchio saw even a hint of Y/N's former, happy self, he became excited. He was like a man rejoicing at the first signs of spring after a cold and hard winter.

His light had returned and he was not going to let anything get in the way of that.

Anything.

"Abbacchio, you are new so let me give you a warning. You must come when I ask you to. That young lady will still be fine if you stop watching her for a while." Bruno scolded him. Abbacchio was new to Passione, accepting Bruno's offer to become part of the gang and gaining a stand, but he hated having to be pulled away from Y/N.

"Y-you know about that?" Abbacchio asked.

"She doesn't know that you're following her, does she? If I may say so, Abbacchio, I don't think you have the healthiest relationship with this girl." Bruno said.

Abbacchio grunted then stormed out of the building. He doesn't understand. How could he understand? What I and Y/N have is special. I'm the only one who can protect her, the only one. Who knows what might happen to her if I'm not around?

He went and snuck into Y/N's home while she was gone. He knew she was at work and wouldn't be back for a couple more hours. Abbacchio knew exactly where she worked, what time she got off, and what route she took to get home. Abbacchio would go to her workplace later so he could follow her home, just to keep her safe of course.

For now he had time to wander around her home, collecting locks of Y/N's h/c hair that had fallen or smelling the sweet aroma of her perfume that she had put on before leaving. He used Moody Blues to replay her morning routine and watched everything she did with a lovesick gaze. Everything from her eating to her taking a shower and getting dressed. 

Sometimes he would have Moody Blues transform into her just so he could stare at her for long periods of time.

"Thanks for walking me home!" Abbacchio heard a voice say outside the door. It was Y/N, who wasn't supposed to be off for another hour or so.

"No problem," he heard another voice say, "we both were getting off early anyway. It was the least I could do." It was a man's voice.

Abbacchio quickly scrambled out from the window as the door opened, and watched the man walk away from Y/N's home. He followed the man to his home and when the man was about to shut the door, Abbacchio stopped it and forced his way inside.

"What the hell?! Who are you?! What do you want, money?! You can have it just don't hurt me!" the man shouted, stumbling back.

"Why were you with Y/N?"

"What?! Y/N?! She's just a coworker and a friend! I'm sorry, I didn't know she had a boyfriend!"

Boyfriend. Abbacchio liked the sound of that.

"Sorry isn't good enough."