Just the beginning

I hope you enjoy this story it's my first story so I'm so sorry if it's bad.
--------------------

It was 9 in the morning and Kayleen has been up for 2 hours reading. When Ms. Andersen called for everyone to come down stairs. Everyone made their way down the stairs and to the living room where Ms. Andersen was waiting. All 13 of the kids sat down on the couches and Ms. Andersen begun talking.

"We have someone coming in hoping to adopt a kid today so you all need to be on your best behavior." Ms. Andersen said

All the kids started talking and smiling after hearing the exciting news that someone was gonna be adopted. All except Kayleen who was the oldest of the 13 kids living in the orphanage. Kayleen hasn't been looked at for adoption in 3 years. For years she had hope but that hope is gone. Now when people come in she helps to make sure the younger kids get adopted and have family. But little did she know that today was her day.

"Alright everybody go get ready they'll be here in an hour to meet everyone." Ms. Andersen informed everyone

All the kids went upstairs to their rooms to get ready for the mystery person to come in. Kayleen went to her closet and picked out a stark industries shirt, blue Jean shorts, a  necklace and black converse.(Pictures above) After she had gotten ready she went down stairs with her phone and her book and started texting her friend Alice.
(Texts like this)

K: Heyy Alice

A: Hey! What's up?

K: Well someone's coming in to adopt today.

A: That's great mabey today you have a chance!

K: I dont think so I might just help get a younger kid adopted they deserve it more. Mabey I can help Brendan this time!

A: Kay he's 5 he'll have plenty of chances to get adopted it your turn!

K: But he so young and hes the closest thing I've got to family I cant get adopted knowing hes still here.

A: He will be fine I promise

K: ok I got to go the mystery person's here.

A: Ok. Let me know how it goes after!

K: I will! Bye Ally.

A: Bye Kay good luck!

The man was directed straight into the office just like normal. All the kids eagerly waiting to be called into the room well Kayleen just read her book well she waited. She was always the last to be called. Its always youngest to oldest but Kayleen didn't mind. All the kids were being called one bye one into the office and after an hour it was finally Kayleen's turn.

"Kayleen come on your up!" Ms. Andersen said enthusiastically

"Coming." She said

Kayleen walked into the room excepting to see a normal person but instead she saw her favorite actor and you could tell she was both shocked and happy. Kayleen sat down on the chair across the table from him well smiling.

"Hi" Kayleen said

"Hi I'm chris what's your name?" Chris asked with a smile

"I'm Kayleen." She said softly

"That's a beautiful name" he said trying to make conversation with her

"Thank you." She said

"Well do you mind telling me a little about yourself Kayleen?" He asked

"Well I'm 11. I love marvel and reading. I love to dance and do  gymnastics and that's all really." She said with a smile

"Those are great things to do. Can I ask you a question?" He said

"Sure."

"Who's you top three favorite marvel characters?" He asked

"Well its Bucky, loki and then steve." She said with a big smile

"Those are some great choices." He said smiling at her.

He asked a couple more basic questions to get to know her like what's your favorite color and more. After Kayleen left the room Chris made his decision and told Ms. Andersen that he has decided. And then he filled out the paperwork. Well he was filling out the paperwork Ms. Andersen went to let everyone know his decision. When she walked into the living room where all the kids were waiting. The kids stared and ms. Andersen begun talking.

"Congratulations Kayleen you got adopted!" She said happily

"Me?" Kayleen said shocked

"Yes you hes filling out the paperwork now! So let's get you packed!" She said

"Ok!"

And with that she ran up the stairs and started to pack her clothes and pictures she had in her suitcase and backpack. Well she was packing Brendan came running in to her room. He ran over to her and hugged her.

"Why do you have to leave. I don't want you to go!" He said sad

"Ohh buddy dont worry I'll come back and visit you and you can call me anytime. Ok?" She said well hugging him

"Ok!" He said with a smile and helping her carry her backpack down the stairs well she had her suit case. At the bottom of the stairs  was chris waiting for her. They made it to the bottom and chris took her suit case and backpack.

"You ready?" Chris asked with a smile

She took a second and looked at Brendan and then to ms. Andersen who gave a reassuring nod then back at chris and said "I'm ready" and with that she hugged everyone goodbye and thanked Ms. Andersen for everything. When they walked out the door and to the car chris put her stuff in the back and then joined her in the front. He glanced over at her as she watched the orphanage slowly disappear behind them.

"You exited?" He asked

She looked at him with a smile and said "yup"

"Dont worry you'll love your new house and family." He said

"Where exactly are we going?" She asked

"Were going to la so you can settle in to your new home and then after when you feel comfortable you can meet you new family" He said with a smile

"Oh ok" she said

When they got to the airport the boarded the plane to la and set off on their new adventure. Little did she know this was just the beginning of her adventure.