SOL...YWMA [Ch. 11]

Sooner or Later…You’ll Want Me Again

Previously: “Okay, put those guns away,” she tells Quentin while looking at his arm muscles with appreciation. She then looked towards his abdominal, as if wondering if he has abs to go along with those arms. Haha, she just checked him out. “It’s not a date,” I announce to the entire room. Mark James looks like a freaking movie star! Well duh Isyss, he is a freaking movie star. Okay, time to walk over to this very handsome, very attractive man, and have a decent conversation with him…

Chapter 11

As I walked toward the table Mark was sitting at, my nerves suddenly died and I felt more like myself. But it didn’t last long, because as soon as he looked up to me with his bright blue eyes, my nerves built up again. He stood once I reached the table. He displayed the smile that causes females of all ages to drool. He then held out his hand to me.

“Isyss Dulay, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” he greeted with a friendly smile, saying my name with admiration. His voice had a light accent to it that I hadn’t noticed before when I seen his interview on the Kathy Frazier Show.

It was British, but seemed to be slightly wearing off due to him being in the states for so long…I’m guessing. I shook his hand, causing mine to me engulfed by the warmth of his.

“Likewise,” I said, returning his friendliness as we took our seats. He stared at me with a little smile on his face, as if he was a kid in a candy store. I broke eye contact and decided to spread open my napkin and place it on my lap.

When I looked up again, he’s still staring at me. Okay, if he wanted me to come here just to have a staring contest then—

“Please forgive me for staring,” he broke his eyes away and gave a shy chuckle. When he recovered he looked to me again. “I’m sure you get this a lot, but you’re very beautiful,” he complimented me.

I gave him an appreciative smile and thanked him. He looked away from me again and shook his head with that shy chuckling. “Wow, I think this is the first time I’ve ever been star struck. I don’t know what to say,” he admitted genuinely with a little scratch to his forehead.

He looked back to me apologetically, his accent making his apology that more adorable. He must feel bad for having a lack of words…aww how sweet…

I couldn’t help but smile at that. This very attractive actor is star struck by me? I have to say I didn’t see this coming. “Well, how about asking me how my day’s going so far?” I suggested.

He chuckled and nodded. “So, how’s your day going so far?” he repeated my suggestion.

“It’s going great, thanks for asking,” I said as if the question was his idea. I couldn’t hide the giggles within my response.

“Well, I try to please,” he joked just before a waiter came over to our table.

“Welcome to King’s Palace, I’m Kevin and I’ll be your server this afternoon. What drinks would you like to start off with?” he asked the two of us. Mark looked at me to answer first.

“I’ll have a glass of pink lemonade, please,” I told the waiter, to which he nodded and wrote it down on his pad.

“And for the gentlemen?” the waiter then asked Mark.

“Just some iced water, thank you,” he answered before turning his attention back to me. The waiter wrote it down before leaving. “So, now that I’ve recovered from my speechlessness, how are you?” he questioned me thoughtfully.

“I’m good, how about yourself?” I asked in return.

“I’m excellent,” he said easily. He opened up his napkin and placed it on his lap, imitating mine. There was a silence as he did so, but it didn’t last long. “So I hear you’re going to be in the Dreams for Change showcase,” he continued.