꒰ thirteen ꒱ ⁞ dismay [part 1]

Chifuyu

Chifuyu

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

Friday, 3 days before the date

Chifuyu was bored.

More than being bored, he was feeling rather lonesome. Although he reads manga or occasionally chats with Baji to either distract himself or pass time, he always felt like something was missing.

With nothing left to do after accomplishing his given tasks, he proceeds to the shelf where you frequently lingered to browse through the book you were currently reading. It has been four days since you last visited after storming out of the place without a proper goodbye.

During the Monday you last stopped by, Chifuyu was once again hiding under the counter table. He was listening to every word you said as you snapped, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't saddened upon hearing it.

Though he didn't mean to say those words to you, he understood why you were frightfully upset. You had no idea about him being a delinquent after all. He couldn't think of any other way to protect you other than ignoring you, which made him feel like a coward.

Chifuyu became so invested in the novel you were reading that he didn't notice the sound of the entrance being opened.

"Baji-san, is Chifuyu-kun here?"

It was Hina.

"Yeah, he's just somewhere here. Chifuyu! Hina-chan's looking for you!", he makes his way to the counter as Baji calls him out. Upon arriving, he was surprised to see that it was only Hina who came by.

"Hina-chan? Is Takemichi with you?", Chifuyu asks.

"Actually, I went here without letting him know. I have something to discuss with you."

Seeing that there were no extra chairs except the one Baji was sitting on, Baji willingly offers his seat to Hina, while the two boys squat on the carpeted floor.

"Chifuyu-kun, why did you have to tell it to her that way? I just think it was too harsh."

"Damn, I told Takemichi not to tell you. Why do boyfriends think there's always a need to share everything to their girlfriends?"

"And it's a good thing he told me! Do you even know that y/n's no longer replying to my messages when I asked her about you a few days ago? I sensed something was wrong since then, so I asked Takemichi-kun about it."