꒰ six ꒱ ⁞ assembly

Chifuyu

Chifuyu

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

1:25 p.m., Saturday.

Chifuyu was on cloud nine these past few days.

The eager attitude you showed in exchanging letters with one another made him thrilled to bits, especially when you mentioned that you were going to start visiting the bookstore everyday.

His happiness was incomparable knowing that no guy so far has caught your attention. He clung to a glimmer of hope that he might actually have a chance with you.

That was until a few moments later.

From time to time he glances at the wall clock to check if it was almost two — the usual time you arrive at the store.

"Calm down, she'll be here soon", Baji pats his shoulder. "How's it going with y/n-chan? Is there progress in your letter-exchanging thing?"

Chifuyu nodded, then shrugged his shoulders, Baji frowned. "What do you mean? Are things not going smoothly despite communicating everyday?"

"It's not like that. Surprisingly, she's been showing interest in talking with me — which I appreciate since that has been my goal from the start. But what if one day she gets bored or she ignores me if I don't show myself to her soon?"

Baji took a deep breath, "Hol' up, Mr. Pessimist. You've only just begun, it hasn't even been a full week since y'all talked to each other. Remember what Takemichi said? To not rush things. I thought you said you'll keep it in mind?" he answered frankly. "You barely know the girl, what makes you say she's the kind to ditch right away? You wanted her first and said you'd like to approach her, so stick to your words."

The blond male was dumbfounded. Baji was right, he was just overthinking uncertain things that are yet to come. "I'm sorry, Baji-san. Sorry you had to witness my fragile side for a moment there."

Baji punched his partner's right arm, causing Chifuyu to groan in pain. "OW! What was that for?!"

"Just giving you a little punishment for doubting yourself." Baji cracked his knuckles.

Chifuyu rubbed his sore arms, smiling as he quietly thanked Baji for always encouraging him.

The hanging doorbell tinkled as their manager entered the bookstore.

"Fukuda-san?!" They both exclaimed out of disbelief in unison.

Shit, if y/n comes here later she'll have to go back in her way

"Fukuda-san! It's unusual for you to be here at this hour." Chifuyu says.

Fukuda-san wiped the sweat on the nape of her neck, "It's so hot outside, you're fortunate to have an aircon here. Anyway, I'll be here the entire afternoon to do some things in the storage room. Somebody else is doing it for me in the other branch that is why I'm here for now."