꒰ seven ꒱ ⁞ excuses

y/n

y/n

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

1:24 p.m., Sunday.

Unlike the previous Sundays, your family didn't eat out for lunch due to the recent news that circulated regarding gang incidents in the neighborhood during the past few days.

You took this as an opportunity to go to the bookstore earlier this time since you were unable to visit yesterday.

"Do it. You should do it; you CAN do it." you pointed at yourself in the mirror before heading down to your parents.

The living room was occupied by both your parents who were doing their own thing. Your dad was in the living room reading the Sunday newspaper, while your mom was watching an early noon drama on the television.

You gathered up your courage to ask for their permission to go visit the bookstore, though you doubt they'd allow you.

Easier said than done. I can't go this time.

Tightly gripping the straps of your bag, you were about to take a step backward when you father noticed you standing awkwardly at the corner.

"Do you need something, sweetheart?" your dad asks while his eyes were still fixated on the newspaper he was reading.

You hesitated to talk, but at the same time you wanted to try.

"Hmm?" he raises a brow.

"Umm... bookstore? May I?" you pointed at the door.

Your mom diverted her attention to you once the commercial break was on. "Honey, you understand why we're staying home today, right?"

You nodded. Of course you understood, you even felt awful hearing news about those gang incidents.

To stay at home is the safe and smart choice, but the letters... It bothered you that you still haven't responded to him. What if he takes it negatively?

"Yes, I do. But will you give me a chance? Please, just this time. If you let me go I'll go home earlier than usual. Please." You got on your knees and bowed as you begged for their approval out of desperation.

"I'm sorry, but I hope you understand that I can't let you go on your own. It's dangerous, and we're doing this for your safety." She sighs. "I know that you wait for an entire week just so you can go visit the bookstore, but I can't allow you this time."