꒰ two ꒱ ⁞ first encounter

Chifuyu

Chifuyu

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

"You get paid real money, isn't that enough? And we can help with Toman's expenses if we get a job."

Chifuyu was about to run out of excuses to tell Baji, who took some time to think before finally saying, "Okay, sounds good to me..."

The desperate blond sighed in relief.

"...But you need to treat me peyoung yakisoba every time our shift ends." Baji continued.

Chifuyu's face fell, but later on considered the latter's request.

It took a lot of convincing to make Baji work with him, mainly because it was an environment that wasn't of his interest.

Although there was a catch from their agreement, he was still grateful Baji went along with it.

2 weeks later, Sunday.

"Good morning, Baji-san!" a lively Chifuyu greeted the half-hearted Baji at the intersection they crossed paths on the way to their first day of work.

"Shh, quiet down. It's still too early," Baji yawned. The blond-haired boy checked his wristwatch.

9:30 am

"What are you saying? It's nearly 10 a.m., that's the time the store opens."

"Damn, who should I beat up today?" Baji blurted out, ignoring Chifuyu's response.

"Whether you like it or not, you already agreed to do this with me. Just think how many peyoung yakisoba you could buy with all the money you'll earn from this, or how it'll make Mikey happy if we got money to spare."

"Yeah, I get it." Baji went silent for a moment. "Why do you want to get this job so bad?"

Chifuyu's face flushed, he was going to embarrass himself if he were to tell the truth.

Baji raised a brow at him, expecting for an answer. "Hmm?"

"Umm, I wanted to read some.. shoujo m-manga.. for free.." he answered honestly. Chifuyu expected Baji to crack up and start mocking him, but to his surprise, he didn't.

"I see. Let's just hope we'll survive on our first day."

Baji raised a close fist, initiating a fist bump gesture. Chifuyu smiled softly, lightly tapping his fist onto Baji's.

The both of them arrived 5 minutes before the store opens. Upon their arrival, the bookstore's manager greeted and oriented them right away as to where they'll be designated.

"Chifuyu-kun, you are tasked to organize the storage room. While you, Baji-kun, are assigned at the counter." says Fukuda-san — the manager — as she was about to leave the store to head somewhere.