꒰ one ꒱ ⁞ sunday visit

y/n

y/n

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

"Thank you for the meal!" you expressed with a satisfied burp and soothed your full stomach with a caress as you finished your meal at the frequented okonomiyaki restaurant with your family on a Sunday.

It was currently 2 in the afternoon, and you were looking forward to pay the bookstore nearby a visit just like you always do.

"Can I visit the bookstore again?" you asked your parent's permission.

Your parents shared a look, quite hesitant at first. It has been your routine to head straight to the bookstore from the okonomiyaki restaurant before going home. For most times they allow you. Unfortunately, biker gangs have been rampant at present.

You were well-aware about the news, yet you still hoped they'd let you go alone this time.

"Okay, y/n. Just make sure to be careful on your way home. Stay alert wherever you go, and be home before it gets dark," says your mom while caressing your hair.

You thanked them and gave your reassurance, waving at them as you bid goodbye.

You took your time walking on the way to the bookstore. 

The weather was fair, the sun casted a luminescent glow, and the neighborhood was serene. You'd never think such crimes committed by biker gangs occurred at the same neighborhood in the past weeks.

The bookstore was now in sight after walking for about 15 minutes. The closer you got, the more ecstatic you were.

The hanging doorbell tinkled as you pushed the door entering the bookstore.

"Oi, y/n-chan. So, you're back to resume your reading session."

"Good afternoon, Baji-san" You greeted the guy at the counter who was about your age. He was reading a book, seated in a laid back manner, and his legs resting on the counter table.

Baji had grown familiar of you since you've been visiting the bookstore during the previous Sundays.

You can't help but notice that there was something unusual with Baji today as you observed his appearance. He wore glasses that didn't match the features his face and his long black hair was tied back into a ponytail.

Before proceeding to the bookshelves, you can't help but ask to satisfy your curiosity. "Umm, Baji-san... What's with your look today?"

He lowered down the book he was holding and fixed his posture. "Nothing. I just wanted to look smart."

His reason made you chuckle. That was it?

"You weren't... impressed?"

"Not at all. Your unusual look more like.. bothered me," you teased.