Three

"Mom, I brought someone along with me this time," he spoke in a happy, singsong tone.

Smiling brightly, his mom looked behind him to see a taller figure in the same hospital dressing she was in, "Hello, dear son. What's your name?"

Flashing her a cute smile, "Lee Donghyuck."

Patting the two chairs beside her bed, she spoke in a sweet tone, "Did you two meet today?"

"Y-yes, ma'am."

Chuckling, she shook her head, "Call me mom or aunt."

Renjun's eyes quickly largening, "What? Mom? Really?"

"Come on, he looks like a sweet boy," she smiled sweetly at the younger.

Squinting his eyes at his mom, "I think I know what you're trying to hint at, but it better not be what I think it is."

Rolling her eyes, she pulled Donghyuck by his hand to her side, "Look at his cute face!" she cooed, "He looks so lovable and innocent!"

The blushing younger, standing there, speechless at how the mother just tried getting the two to hit it right off the road, coughed slightly, gaining all the attention on him, "Uhm—"

"Son, are you allowed to leave the hospital?"

Nodding curtly, a small smirk forming onto his lips, "Yes, au—mom."

And that's how Renjun finally felt that weird feeling in his stomach.

"Son? You have been quiet for a while..."

Snapping out of his gaze, he looked at his mom, "H-huh? Y-yeah, I-I'll take him out."

"Great! Tell me how it goes, hm?"

The two giving the mom a nod in response.

Smiling, Renjun's mom pulled Donghyuck down to sit on her bed, patting his hands, "Why are you here in the hospital, son?"

Immediately frowning as his mood changed, he sighed, "I have a heart valve disease."

"Oh dear, do you take your medications on time?"

Nodding as he hummed, "Yeah, I do."

Sitting up, she took Donghyuck's face in her hands and smiled reassuringly, "Were you the one who got his approximate days to live in the report card today?"

Eyes widening, he nodded, "Y-yes, h-how did you—"

"The nurses were talking and I overheard them," a silence lingering around them for a few seconds, the mother spoke again, in a way more gentle and careful tone, "Sweetie, are you doing okay?"

"Y-yes, I—" and there goes his tears.

Sadly looking at him, she pulled him into a long tight hug, rocking him side to side, "It's okay, love."

Clinging onto her for dear life as he sobbed, "I'm s-so scared, mo-mom! I do-don't w-want to die!"

Kissing his head, she patted his back in order to comfort him, rubbing soothing circles onto his back at times, "Just remember to live your life to the fullest till your heart stops."

—haevcbes

kinda satisfied with this chapter but at the same time,, eW