4

As the others conversed and downed their drinks Tifa looked off to the side slightly from time to time. Cloud took notice to this but decided not to ask about it, assuming she was looking for a certain someone. Finally after a bit, Tifa perked up at the sight of someone and smiled while sliding her chair back and standing.

"Y/N! You did so good out there!" Tifa said as the girl quickly approached her and hugged tightly.

"Thank you! It felt like such a rush." Y/N said, releasing Tifa from her grasp.

"I could tell you adrenaline junkie." She said, chuckling at the artist as the others stared in slight shock at the scene unfolding before them.

"Aren't you one of the girls that was just on stage right now?" Reno asked, making Y/N smile.

"Tifa? You know Y/N? And you didn't tell me?!" Jessie questioned.

"I did say I was visiting a friend, and you said you didn't wanna come with me." Tifa claimed.

"If you had told me it was her, I would've come along!" Jessie said, crossing her arms while Y/N chuckled.

"I'm sorry about these guys." Tifa said, sighing slightly.

"No worries, but I still haven't introduced myself properly yet. My name is Y/N L/N, it's a pleasure to meet you all." Y/N said, waving slightly.

"Barret." Barret said, as he took a swig from his beer.

"Hi, I'm Jessie. I'm a really big fan of your music." Jessie claimed as stood up from her seat and shook Y/N's hand generously.

"Reno, the pleasure is mine princess." Reno said as he stood up from his seat as well and walked over to Y/N.

       Reno took hold of Y/N's hand and bent down slightly, taking her hand up to his lips while smirking slightly at her. Y/N blushed slightly as she chuckled quietly at the sudden action, making Reno smirk widely. As the other's saw the scene unfold, Cloud continue to stare at the both of them. He couldn't understand why but he felt something inside him bubble, as if a pot filled with water was boiling over on a hot stove. He felt frustrated and something else but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Why did this bother him so much? I mean sure, a lot of things frustrate him but why this? It had nothing to do with him but it did at the same time? He just couldn't understand why.

"What a gentleman, that's rare these days." Y/N said jokingly as she slowly removed her hand from Reno's grasp.

"Reno! Control yourself!" Jessie said before smacking him upside the head, earning a groan from him.

"And you've already met Cloud." Tifa stated as Cloud perked up a bit at the sudden attention on him.

"Nice to see you again Cloud." Y/N said, smiling.

"Likewise." Cloud responded, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Y/N, have a seat with us. It's been so long since we've just talked in person like before." Tifa said as she pulled up an extra chair next to her and Cloud and Y/N smiled again.

"Thanks, it has been a while." Y/N said as she accepted the offer and sat in the chair.

"So, what's been going on with you? What have you been up too since we last talked on the phone?" Tifa questioned.

"Honestly I hate to sound so nonchalant about this, but just really busy with shows and interviews. Honestly I've been so busy, I haven't had time to myself." She stated

"Oh wow, that sounds really stressful. Have you talked to your managers and producers about taking a break for a little?" Tifa asked.

"I have and actually we came to a compromise, I have a few shows left and after that I can have a month off to myself and whatever I wanna do." Y/N said as one of the honeygirls came over with a tray and handed her a glass of water, earning a quick thank you from Y/N before smiling and walking off.

"Oh wow, that's good! Where are your last shows gonna?" She questioned.

"I'm not entirely sure but my manager said it's not too far from here." Y/n said as she took a big gulp from her glass.

"I'm glad to hear, after your last shows where are you gonna stay?" Tifa questioned.

"About that...well I sorta kinda moved here...?" She responded.

"...huh?" Tifa asked, full of confusion.

"Yeah...I kinda bought myself a place here." Y/N admitted.

"Why exactly?" She questioned.

"What? You don't wanna hang out with me like old times?" Y/N said jokingly, pouting slightly.

"You know that's not what I mean." Tifa said, rolling her eyes while chuckling as the other girl giggled.

"I just wanted a change of scenery I guess." Y/N said.

"Oh yeah, get a beautiful scenery of trash and darkened skies around you. Makes a beautiful postcard." Barret joked.

"Well not like that, I just got so used to living in a bright city that it was hard to get by if everyone knew you. Besides, I grew up around here and haven't been here for so long, I wanna see what's changed and what hasn't and relive old memories." She admitted, looking down slightly.

"Speaking of old times, where's Daniel? Did he come with you today?" Tifa asked, as Cloud adjusted his attention to the conversation, listening intently.

"Daniel? Who's that?" Jessie butted in, unintentionally asking the same question that was on Cloud's mind.

"He's my body guard, he's been with me from the start. But unfortunately he hasn't been able to be with me for a little while." Y/N answered,

"Why's that? Did something happen to him?" Tifa asked concerned.

"He got into an accident and from what I heard, it was really bad. He's in severe condition right now and can't work for at least 4 months. I feel so bad for him and his family so I've been paying for his bills and for work despite not working, I don't want him to stress over it so I'm helping as much as I can." She responded, looking down as if the subject was sensitive.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope he's recovering well and I'm glad you're helping him out." Tifa said as she patted Y/N's back.

"Thanks, he tried fighting me on paying the bills like always but I eventually convinced him." Y/N said.

"How's he doing now?" Reno asked, out of curiosity.

"He's doing better, he's slowly recovering and can move a bit on his own but he's still mostly bed bound." She said.

"That's good, maybe one of these days if you visit him I can tag along. It's been so long since I've last seen him.

"I'm sure he'd like to see you again." Y/N responded smiling.

"But, since he's not working with you at the moment. Who's guarding you at shows and whatnot?" Tifa questioned.

"Well, thankfully the venues and places where I perform or get hosted at provide me with body guards but it's only during the time I'm there. After my shows, I'm pretty much on my own and I haven't been able to find a personal bodyguard." She admitted, sighing a bit while looking sheepish.

"Really? You haven't been able to find anyone?" Jessie asked as Y/N responded with shaking her head.

"He was a close friend and had experience so it was easy for us, but now it's much harder to find one with enough experience and who I know won't try anything with me." Y/N said, sighing again as Tifa tapped her chin in thought.

"I think I have the perfect person in mind to fill that role." Tifa announced while everyone looked at her in suspicion.

"Really? Who?" Y/N questioned, perking up.

"Why not you Cloud?" Tifa asked, as everyone looked towards him and he adjusted himself with shock of the sudden question and everyone looking at him. Not knowing what to do in the moment with everyone's eyes on him including a certain someone who had just a glint go hope in her eyes.