6

"So, what exactly did you mean when you said you have another solution?" Y/N asked as she followed Cloud behind the HoneyBee in, where the streets was dimly lit with a few flickering lamp posts to guide their way.

"I meant what I said, I have a solution." Cloud said bluntly as they both trudged through the dimply lit parkway.

"Okay, but what exactly is that 'solution'?" She questioned as she continued to follow him blindly.

"You'll see when you get there." He said coldly.

"This 'solution', doesn't involve you kidnapping me, killing me, and burying me in a shallow grave in some secluded forest right?" Y/N asked, earning a low chuckle from him.

"...that doesn't really answer my question." She said, earning another chuckle, this one a bit higher than the last.

"We're almost there, I parked a bit far." Cloud said.

"Alright." Y/N said as they continued walking.

       After a short while, they made it nearby an alleyway and Cloud walked in with ease while Y/N stood just outside of it.

"I knew it, I'm getting murdered." She said, as she followed only too bump into Cloud as he stopped walking.

       She looked over his shoulder to reveal a motorcycle, she stared at it in awe. Cloud walked closer to it and sat down on it, gesturing Y/N to come closer. She trudged closer, taking in the sight.

"You ever been on one of these?" Cloud questioned.

"Only a few times, my brother has one." Y/N responded as she walked over, inspecting the vehicle more.

"Really? What kind is it?" He asked, the conversation piquing his interest.

"No idea, all I know was that it was orange and white and made lots of noise." She said, making him scoff slightly in amusement.

"I was never one for mechanics or none of that, that was more his thing. I was just the annoying little sister who helped him hold the flashlight when he was working at night." Y/N said, making it behind the bike and sitting down on it behind Cloud as started up the engine as Y/N sat properly on it, adjusting her position behind him.

"I know, hold on tight." She said as she wrapped her arms around his torso, holding onto him tightly as he stiffened at the action. 

       Cloud cleared his throat as he revved the engine and started driving out of the alleyway. Driving away from the Honeybee and down the darkened paths of the city.

"Go down Loveless, the glass building there is my place." Y/n informed, earning a nod from Cloud as he continued driving.

       They continued driving, passing by lit homes and flickering lamp posts to light the way. Y/N looked around at the passing scenery despite the blurriness from the speed. Taking in the cold night air and enjoying it, it's been a while since she was able to really take time and breath. Cloud looked behind him briefly, seeing the girl relaxing a bit from her tenseness that he felt earlier. He looked back to the road and relaxed a bit as well, driving towards his designated destination. After driving for some time, he saw the building Y/N refereed to and drove closer to it, stopping nearby on a secluded path and turning off his bike. Y/N released him and got off the bike, making him realize how cold is was. She sighed in relief and dusted herself off, looking back at Cloud.

"Thank you, for being my bodyguard and the ride and whatnot." Y/N said, chuckling slightly.

"Yeah, that's my job of course." He said, standing up from his bike as they maintained eye contact. 

"Oh yeah! Here." She said, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a small bag, holding it out before her in front of Cloud.

"What's this?" He questioned, holding his hand out with his palm open and up.

"Your pay." Y/N responded, dropping the bag into his palm as it made a light thud.

"Thanks." Cloud said, pocketing the money and facing back to her.

"Well, I'll see you soon then. Goodnight." She said, walking over to the building.

       Y/N walked over to the to the glass entrance and went inside. Walking past the front desk with a receptionist that was too busy looking at down at her computer to notice her entering. She walked over the double elevators, closed before her with a man in a uniform beside them. She pressed the button for the elevator as it turned blue and smiled at the man.

"Hello Jerry." Y/N said.

"Hello Miss L/N, how was your day?" The man pressured to be Jerry asked.

"I'd like to say typical but you know to the average it was not." She responded.

"I can tell, you have fun at least?" Jerry asked.

"Yeah, I'd say it was pretty exciting." Y/N said, smiling to herself.

"What about you, how was your day? Spend time with the wife and kids?" She asked.

"Not today, she went out to visit her parents and took them along with her." He said.

"Lucky day for you, I'm guessing you woke up late and watched TV until it was your shift?" Y/N assumed.

"You know me too well, scares me a bit." Jerry said, both chuckling.

"Oh, who's your friend?" He said, looking past Y/N at an approaching figure behind her.

"My friend? Who are you talking about?" Y/N questioned as she noticed his gaze passing her as she turned around.

       She turned around to see a familiar blonde, blue-eyed man in dark clothing and a large sword holster on his back with his arms crossed. Y/N's eyes widened at the unexpected guest following her inside as Jerry spoke and brought her attention back.

"Do you know him? Should I make him leave?" Jerry questioned, making Y/N turn her head quickly back to him.

"No there's no need! This is my friend Cloud, he's my body guard." She responded quickly while chuckling nervously.

"I see, well I hope you two have a good rest of your night. Y/N, ring me if you need anything." He said, as the elevator doors opened.

"Will do, thank you." Y/N said as she and Cloud walked into the elevator, waving too Jerry as the doors shut.

       Once the doors shut, she dropped her hand to her side and faced Cloud who still had his normal stoic face on.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned.

"Aren't I supposed to be here?" He answered.

"Huh?" Y/N responded, confused.

"I'm your bodyguard." Cloud responded, sounding confident yet not knowing what was about to happen when the elevator doors opened and continued on for the rest of the night.