7

"Wait what?" Y/N questioned, scratching her head in confusion at Cloud's statement.

"I'm your bodyguard." Cloud stated, also confused at the questioning he was receiving.

"I know you're my bodyguard, but I'm asking why you followed me inside and why you're here?" She asked, being more clear with her question.

"Like I said, I'm your bodyguard. Isn't it my job to follow wherever you go to make sure you're safe?" He answered, still confused.

       Y/N stood quiet, processing the answer for a minute or so. After finally understanding, she chuckled to herself which eventually led to her laughing to herself as Cloud watched her, confusion still written on his face.

"Cloud, that's only for events and performances. When I'm in my own home, I'll be fine." Y/N said, stifling her giggles as a bright blush flushed across Cloud's face.

"W-well, what if a robber or an obsessed fan found your address and broke in? If I'm not there I won't be able to help." Cloud said, stuttering to try to explain confidently while evidently failing at it.

"I have a security system installed in my house with cameras and alarms so if something happens the authorities will know and come to my rescue." She explained.

"Oh...we'll I wasn't aware of that." Cloud admitted.

       Y/N caught her breath and calmed down, dying her laughter down while the elevator continued to elevate. The neon blue numbers on top of the double doors slowly going into up each level as they stood in silence.

"Should I leave then?" Cloud questioned.

"Well, we're already here so I guess if you want to. But you can come inside for a bit and we can just chat. Get to know each other better and maybe I can make us something to eat." Y/N said

"Does this count as part of the job?" He questioned.

"Not necessarily but I will still pay you since you're still with me." She suggested as the ex-soldier thought to himself for a minute.

"Sure, I guess." Cloud said nonchalantly as the elevator doors dinged, the metal doors opening as of on cue.

       Y/N stepped out of the elevator first, Cloud following close after. She walked down the dimply lit hallways of the complex, knowing her way around it. Cloud looked around, seeing a large glass wall that revealed a view of the city, including the slums. He looked at the view while blindly following Y/N. As he continued to look at the view, he suddenly came to an abrupt stop. He stumbled a bit as he bumped into something, or rather someone. Y/N adjusted herself after the sudden run in as Cloud did the same.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." He said, apologizing.

"It's alright." She said, fixing her hair slightly as she turned to a dark door before them, presumably her home.

          Y/N placed her hand on the metal handle of the door, as she used her other hand to reach into her pocket and pull out a card. She inserted the card into a slot above the handle and punched in a number code as the door dinged. She removed the card and pressed the handle down, having the door unlock as she opened it.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Y/N said as she stepped inside with her arms raised, dramatizing her apartment.  

       Cloud looked around at her apartment, it was modernized with nice furniture and matching decor. Very spacious and much room although it was just for one person, or assumed to be just for one. 

"Nice place." Cloud complimented.

"Thank you, I just moved here so there isn't a lot of stuff here." Y/N admitted as she walked over to the living room.

"Here, have a seat." She said, as she motioned to the couch and Cloud walked over to it.

       Cloud sat down on the plush couch, continuing to look around the place while sitting.

"I'm gonna make some dinner, you got anything specific in mind that you want?" Y/N asked, crossing her arms.

"Not really, you can make whatever you want." Cloud said.

"Hmm, I am in the mood for something. I'll be in the kitchen then if you need me." She said, walking out of the living room and leaving Cloud to himself.

       Cloud stood up from the couch once Y/N was out of view, he got up and continued to look around. Walking over to a bookshelf near the couch, he looked at its contents. Small potted plants, various books of different sizes, genres and covers, and small framed pictures propped up. He looked at the pictures closely, seeing a familiar woman in different stages of her life. Some from childhood with assumed family members, some from teenage years with a uniform and a few people with the same attire and some that look recent, from performances and fan meets. 

       He continued walking around the living room, seeing the once again astonishing view of the city above with the tinted glass wall. He looked down through the glass, seeing all the lights of the town from homes and other buildings. Cloud never took the time to actually stop and look, he was usually busy either preoccupied with deliveries or lost in his own thoughts so seeing this was a revelation to him. He wondered if Y/N ever took the time to look at the view like this, he didn't know why he was thinking of her and if she would do the same as he. It was a feeling, different that he wasn't very familiar with.

       As he continued to space off, some quiet footsteps approached him from behind. Eventually leading up next to him as they came to a brief stop but he was too busy thinking to notice them.

"The view from up here is amazing right?" Y/N questioned, as he snapped out his thoughts and looked up at her.

"Yeah." Cloud said, sounding as if he was in a daze.

"I think the view from up higher is even better." She said, looking up higher as his gaze shifted off from her and looked towards where she was looking.

       Cloud looked up to see the glass ceiling but passed that he saw the moon that was in full that night, as well as the sea of stars that was centered of it. Despite how most nights it was almost impossible to see the stars, from up here the view was astonishing. He looked towards Y/N who still had her gaze fixated on the sky, seeing her like this made him feel different, almost happy. He smiled slyly to himself as he looked back up, now knowing that she does look at the view but not quite like him but maybe her way was better than he thought.