11

The next morning came and Cloud was already wide awake by the time the sun came up. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, trying to wake himself up but it not helping much. He just couldn't sleep, after his encounter with Y/N and talking to Aerith about his feelings somewhat despite him barely saying anything about them. He thought to himself, maybe he should have opened up a bit more to her about how he felt. It's not about him keeping his cold exterior up, it wasn't about that at all. It was that he wasn't used to being open.

       Sure he's opened up about his past about his feelings a few times to very few people but he didn't open up much. He was the type of person to think his feelings through, or at least bottle them up and keep them hidden.

       Cloud left his room and got ready for the day and it's upcoming events, heading down to the bar and seeing Tifa sweeping.

"Morning Cloud." Tifa greeted.

"Morning." He said.

"How did you sleep?" She questioned.

"Fine." Cloud answered.

"Your attitude says otherwise." Tifa stated as Cloud grunted in response.

"I'm guessing you were up thinking of-" She said before he interrupted her.

"I wasn't thinking about her, so don't even say it." He said, as a small blush dusted his features.

"Calm down, I wasn't even gonna say that. I was going to say you were up thinking about working." Tifa said, teasingly while Cloud blushes more.

"Um sure, yeah that's what I meant." Cloud said, as his flush grew more across his face as Tifa giggled.

"Are you exited?" She asked.

"What would I be exited about?" He questioned.

"Well, you might not know what to expect. It could be exciting." Tifa suggested as Cloud shrugged her comment off.

"I'm not one for excitement." Cloud said.

"Uh-huh, you should probably get going before you're late." She suggested as Cloud looked towards a clock hung up on the wall.

"Right, I'll see you later." He said as he walked over to the exit.

"Take care, and be yourself." Tifa advised, making Cloud quirk an eyebrow at the strange piece of advise but shook his head and continued on his way.

       Cloud got onto Fenrir and started it up, checking if he had everything needed before riding off. Remembering the location of where Y/N was staying at, he drove towards it while speeding a bit more than he usually did. It wasn't like he was in such a rush to see her but better to be early and spend more time with her than be late and possibly leave a bad impression.

       He arrived at the glass building the star resided in and parked close by,  getting up from his bike and heading towards the entrance of the complex. Cloud opened the glass door and walked towards the elevators, before hearing a voice from behind stop him in his tracks.

"Excuse me sir, who are you?" The lady behind the receptionist desk questioned and she stood up from her seat.

"Cloud Strife..?" The man answered as he turned towards the receptionist.

"Do you have a visitors pass?" The receptionist asked.

"No? But I know someone who lives here." He answered.

"I'm sorry but you can't just enter without a pass." She said.

"I wasn't aware I needed a pass to see someone." Cloud responded.