12

Y/N quickly rushed back inside her apartment as Cloud stood in the doorway, looking past and peaking into the apartment complex.

"I won't be long, make yourself at home. I'm just going to get ready quickly." Y/N said as she walked towards a door, opening it and walking inside the room.

       Cloud entered the apartment cautiously and shut the door behind him, looking around briefly before walking further into the apartment. He recognized many things from before like the framed pictures and simple decor in the living room but decided to explore a bit more that he didn't get to see. Cloud walked a bit ways to see a small hallway, with a few doors. One of the doors that Y/N walked into, assuming that was her room he walked past it, not wanting to be a bother as she got ready.

       He walked down the small hallway and found another door, placing his hand onto the knock and turning it slightly. Cloud pushed the door slightly to see a simple decorated bedroom, colored with a light bluish gray scale. With simple plant paintings hung on a wall, glass decorations like vases and figurines and a grid patterned comforter on the bed.

       Cloud looked at the room briefly, concluding it to be a guest room. He left the room and shut the door behind him, continuing his way down to another closed door. Cloud walked over and opened the door, his vision engulfed in darkness. He put his hand against the wall, feeling for a light switch and finding it after a little try and error. The ex-soldier flicked the light switch up and revealed a mini recording studio. With special padding on the walls for noise cancellation, fancy microphones and confusing buttons and knobs.

       He walks around the room, placing at all the equipment before seeing the awards and trophies mounted on the wall, along with pictures of Y/N holding said trophies and awards. He looked at the pictures closely and admired them, thinking of how happy she looked and how happy she must have been when receiving those achievements. As he continued to look at the pictures a soft voice from behind interrupted him from their thoughts.

"I was so proud of myself when I got those awards." The familiar voice said, making Cloud look behind him to the voice.

       It was Y/N of course, not looking as tired and disheveled as before.  She wore a torn up sheer long sleeve shirt with a black tank top over along with some baggy dark plaid pants that sagged a bit, with a pair of comfortable tennis shoes.

  She wore a torn up sheer long sleeve shirt with a black tank top over along with some baggy dark plaid pants that sagged a bit, with a pair of comfortable tennis shoes

"I see you found my recording studio." Y/N hinted as she strutted further inside.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snoop around." Cloud said, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind." She said as she looked around the room briefly.

"I used to be in here for hours at a time, even if I wasn't recording music I would just sitting in a corner eating snacks and thinking of some lyrics." Y/N admitted, smiling a bit sheepishly.

"You never get a break from music, don't you." He said, more as a statement than a question.

"Not really, I sometimes work unintentionally. I'll make some beats when cooking or I'll be awake at 3 AM because lyrics just pop into my head." She said, chuckling to herself.

"I do the same thing at times, waking up in the middle of the night because a sudden thought comes to mind." The ex-soldier says, chuckling as well before catching himself and clearing his throat out.

       How did that happen? How did he let himself get comfortable enough to be able to let himself go? Especially around someone else. Sure, sometimes he expresses himself around others but that's only around people he's close to. He's barely known this girl for a day and now he's already being open? What kind of witchcraft did she do to him.

"But sometimes it's worth it, risking a bit of sleep for a good idea. Sometimes you don't realize it in the moment but down the line you figure it out."  She says, smiling to herself at her comment.

"I can see that, and based on your awards." Cloud pointed out, as she turned to see her awards planted on the wall.

"Sometimes they do, sometimes I keep my ideas to myself though." Y/N says.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"I sometimes write songs, make the beat and record myself singing the lyrics. But then that's it, I don't share them to the world." She admitted.

"Why would you do that?" Cloud asked.

"Because the world doesn't always have to know what I'm feeling and thinking, sometimes I just  want to keep my life private even though that seems impossible these days." She says.

"Even if you keep them private, will you ever share them with anyone if you haven't already?" He questioned.

"Maybe one day, when I find someone I can trust enough to not judge me. Everyone says not to keep everything bottled up or you'll explode but you can't help it sometimes." Y/N responds, making Cloud flinch in response as if she has read his mind.

"Do you always keep your emotions bottled up?" Cloud asked.

"I hate to admit it but yes, growing up I was taught that showing emotions is a sign of weakness. So I learned quickly not to share my thoughts and feelings but I also learned that when it becomes too much, everything just spills out. I went through that and I never want to go through that again, even though old habits die I still try." She says, earning a sly smile from the cold man as she looks towards a clock on the wall and she jolts a bit.

"Oh god! I'm really late now, we've got to get going." Y/N alerts.

"Right, sorry for all the questions. Let's go." Cloud said as they walked out of the recording studio and out, Cloud now figuring out a bit more about what he's feeling but still no conclusion.