14

"What do you mean he can't enter with me?" Y/N questioned, baffled at the sudden predicament at hand.

"Well, he's not registered as a certified guard. He doesn't have the credentials, the skills, he's not even professionally dressed for the occasion." The person behind the reception desk counted, as Cloud crossed his arms in distaste for the situation.

"He needs credentials in order to be a body guard? What does he need, a badge to show he can protect me?" She responded, getting a bit of tone in her voice.

"I see there is another guard listed under your name, why is this one not accompanying you tonight?" The receptionist questioned, also gaining tone in their voice and responding with more rudeness.

"He is on medical leave, he isn't fit to be doing physical work at the moment." Y/N said bluntly.

"Well I'm sorry to inform you that without a certified bodyguard, he may not enter." They said, shutting the conversation down quickly and turning their attention back to their screen as Y/N and Cloud stood in shock.

"Please give me a moment.." She said, as she walked away from the desk towards the elevator with Cloud trudging behind.

       Y/N pulled her phone from her back pocket and unlocked it, typing at it as Cloud looked at her curiously as she continued on her phone.

"What do we do now?" Cloud questioned, still staying calm even with the problem at hand.

"I'm trying to get a hold of my manager, maybe she knows what to do or maybe she can come down here and help out." Y/N answered, finishing up typing on her phone and reach behind her to put her phone away but before she could she was interrupted by a familiar ding of the elevator.

       Y/N and Cloud turned their attention to the metal doors as they slowly opened. As they opened, they revealed a woman with short bobbed black hair and dark eyes with an exhausted and irritated mood on her features. She wore a long sleeve dark blue one piece suit with a black collar and cuffs, matching with black short heels and a silver belt. She flipped her hair while exhaling loudly, clearly not in the mood to deal with anything or anyone.

 She flipped her hair while exhaling loudly, clearly not in the mood to deal with anything or anyone

"Wow, you got here quick." Y/N commented as the woman started approaching the pair and crossing her arms across her chest.

"What are you talking about? I'm late, I should've been here hours ago if someone didn't sleep in." The woman said, making Y/N back away slightly while chuckling nervously as the woman glared daggers at her.

"Sorry sorry, I promise it won't happen." She said, earning a huff from the woman.

"Anyways, I hate to make matters worse but we've run into a bit of a problem." Y/N said, as the woman pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily once again.

"What did you do this time?" She questioned.

"It's not what I did do, it's what I can't do. They're not letting me pass through." Y/N explained, as the woman's face started darkening.

"Why not?" The woman questioned.

"Because they said I need a certified bodyguard but you know Daniel is injured." She explained.

"And did you mention he was on leave and that your replacement was last minute so they don't have time for credentials?" The woman asked.

"Yes but they still won't let me pass." Y/N responded.

"Who is the person you spoke to? I'll talk to them." The woman said.

"The receptionist at the desk-" She answered before the woman stomped off to the counter and Y/N quickly followed with Cloud on her trail.

"Excuse me." The woman said, gaining the attention of the receptionist who was staring at her screen.

"Name and entry ticket?" The receptionist questioned, a snarl on her face as well.

"First of all wipe that face off before you get more wrinkles on your forehead than you already have and second of all my name is Gene Ellmore, I'm the manager for one of my client's who is a guest and performer for tonight's event." The woman stated.

"Please refrain from speaking to me like that ma'am or I will call security to escort you and your posy off this property." The receptionist stated as the woman scoffed at her words.

"I wouldn't have to speak like this if you had done your job correctly." Gene stated as the receptionist looked at her in confusion.

"I'm sorry?" She questioned.

"You should be, you're wasting not only my time but my client's who I have already mentioned is performing and should be getting ready at this moment." She said.

"Ma'am, what are you talking about?" The receptionist asked, crossing her arms.

"My client is telling me you are not letting her through." Gene informed.

"She's correct, she can not pass through." She stated.

"And why not?" The woman questioned.

"She does not have a certified bodyguard, only certified bodyguards can pass." The receptionist stated.

"You do understand that if she does not pass with a bodyguard and a crowd gets to her she could be put in harms way correct?" Gene questioned.

"I understand that but..." She answered.

"Not only that but we are not uncivilized as you assume us to be to not notify the coordinators about this sudden change."The woman stated before continuing on with her statement.

"I contacted your supervisor about this change and he informed me that he would notify the staff on duty, did you receive that notification?" Gene asked.

"Yes but-" The receptionist said before being interrupted.

"So you are telling me that you not only did not pay attention to your supervisor but you are not doing your job properly and wasting everyone's time." She stated.

"No, I'm-" The receptionist responded before being interrupted once again.

"I will be contacting your supervisor about this and I hope you learn how to do your job before you loose it. Let's go you two, time is money and the clock is ticking." Gene said as walked off to the side to a hallway as Y/N and Cloud followed while the woman at the desk stood in shock, her face paler than the room around her.

"I'm guessing she's your manager and is very good at her job." Cloud said as they continued walking in the corridor.

"You have no idea." Y/N commented