15

"I can't believe she's just sat there wasting our precious time. Does she not understand how important today's event is for us? I'm gonna have to talk to her supervisor about how unprofessional she is." Gene mumbled under her breath as Y/N and Cloud continued to follow her in suit.

"Gene calm down, we'll make it." Y/N said, trying to reassure the very tense woman but having her attempts utterly failing.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?! Do you understand what this means?! If we don't get past we'll be black listed from any other award show." She said, scrolling through her phone as she huffed to herself.

"Alright, give me a few moments I'm gonna call a few people..." Gene said, putting her phone up to her ear and walking off.

"Should we..?" Cloud questioned, gesturing to following after the angry woman.

"I wouldn't recommend it, let's give her some space." Y/N suggested as she paces herself towards the entrance door with Cloud slowly following after.

"Is it really that important?" He questioned.

"Reputation and career wise, very. But personally, yeah its important but I'll live if I don't perform." Y/N said, shrugging her shoulders while walking back and forth from the entrance.

"You seem nervous?" Cloud said, looking up towards the girl who continued to pace.

"I'd say more irritated." She said as she just smiled to herself and Cloud quirked an eyebrow to her.

"Why do you feel irritated?" He asked.

"Cause I feel like I keep messing up, even on simple small things like waking up and getting ready on time." Y/N said, stopping in her tracks as she leaned onto the wall near the entrance.

"Sometimes we can't help those things, and I understand what you mean. Like you can't do anything right no matter how simple the task is or no matter how hard you try." Cloud said.

"Exactly, and I feel like I have no control." Y/N added on.

"You know you want always feel that way." He said.

"Seems like lately I can't help it, constantly stressing over the smallest things, not being able to sleep at night." She says, kicking at the small pieces of trash at her feet.

"Even if it feels like that for a day, a week, a month, even a year it's not gonna always be that way. If you keep thinking like that you're gonna dig yourself in a while and you won't be able to get out." Cloud advised.

"Heh. Sometimes I wish I had a friend like you, helping me feel better when I feel like this." Y/N said.

"You...don't have friends?" He questioned.

"Not really, of course I have friends who are other artists but they have things to do and issues to overcome like me. I don't wanna be a bother since I know what they're feeling..." She says.

"You don't have to feel like that anymore, now that I'll be stuck by you. I can be your emotional punching bag. You can vent to me when you feel like it or when you think you're ready. I'll be here...because you hired me mostly." Cloud said, causing Y/N to giggle and making Cloud smile slightly.

"Thanks for that, I feel a little better now." Y/N says, smiling to herself.

"Your welcome." He said, standing closer to her as she continued to look down at her feet.

As the two continued in comfortable silence, they wear footsteps of heels clacking onto the tiled floor, they looked up from their places on the floor to see the source of the sound.