45. Venting

TW/CW: Mentions of Suicide + Self-Harm + Alcohol + Abuse + Sexual Assault + Rape.

Quackity groaned, his eyes blinking open slowly. Though they immediately closed after. He didn't wanna wake up. A few minutes into his attempt to fall back asleep, his door opened, causing him to wake up again. He squinted at the person standing at his door, it was... George? Yeah, George.

"Hey, Quackity... um... Hi." George greeted him, very awkwardly. "hi..." he mumbled tiredly, his face still half pressed into the pillows under his head. "Uh, you doing alright?" George asked, rubbing his arm slightly as Quackity yawned, forcing himself to sit up. He stared suspiciously at George, an eyebrow raised. "...Yeah? Why..?"

"Uh, you know... What happened last night? You uh..." Quackity blinked, trying to recall what happened the night before, his mind being too sleepy at the moment. "Um..." George sweated, coughing into his fist. Dream came up behind him silently, his eyes trailing to Quackity. "..Uh, what happened last night?" Quackity mumbled, now rubbing his eyes.

"You uh... y-" "You tried to kill yourself." Dream said bluntly, staring at the floor as George jumped, turning around in a flash, Quackitys eyes drifting over to him. "D-Dream! When did you get here?" George asked, while Quackity tried to process the info, his mind finally catching on to what happened last night. "..Oh." 

Quackity stared at the floor, the whole night coming back to him. "..Also, why is Karl on the couch sleeping?" Dream asked, genuinely confused. Quackitys eyes softened, remembering that Karl saved him last night. He thought he wanted to, and thought he was ready but.. when he slipped, he felt so scared.

"Quackity?" Quackity blinked, breaking out of his thoughts. "uh.. I don't know.. but.. can you wake him up and..." Quackity hesitated, before continuing. "A-And tell him that.. I want to talk." Dream nodded, grabbing Georges arm and pulling him with him. Quackity once more stared at the ground, slightly nervous, and tired.

A few minutes went by, and Karl walked in tiredly, though a worried look was displayed on his face as he shut the door behind him. "Hey Alex..." He waved, walking in more and cautiously sitting next to Quackity on the bed. "Hi." Quackity took a deep breath in, he'd made up his mind but he didn't actually know if he was ready to talk about this stuff.

Either way, he let out the breath, beginning to speak. "So uh... You saw my.. uh, wounds. Last night." Quackity gestured to his arms awkwardly. Karl took a second, but blinked in realization, nodding slowly. "Mhm.." "I caused them..." Karl sighed "I figured." Quackity bit his lip, before continuing. "I-It wasn't.. It wasn't on purpose though.. I was- I was lost in my thoughts..."

Karl frowned. "Oh.." "O-Okay um.. there's- there's also a few other things I want to talk about..." Quackity stuttered, feeling all sorts of nervous as Karl seemed to direct his full attention onto him. "Yeah?" Quackity took a second to breathe, trying to compose himself, before talking. "S-So you.. you know I got abused, by- by Schlatt. Right?"

Karl nodded, and Quackity continued. "I-It- I should've told you guys but I thought it wouldn't be such a big d-deal I-... Schlatt was an alcoholic and I- I can't stand alcohol now, b-but I didn't want to ruin your fun and stuff s-so I didn't say anything..." Quackity rambled, his eyes tearing up slightly as Karls eyes widened, guilt running through him.

"Alex..-" "A-And whenever he got drunk h-he- he always managed to h-hit me and he- he.. sometimes he- he'd touch me and when- when I tried to stop him he'd- hhhit me m-more and-" He stopped, trying to breathe as tears started to run down his cheeks. He shouldn't be talking about this. Karl cautiously placed a hand on his shoulder, frowning as Quackity started sobbing.

"H-He- He'd- He raped me and- and I took it sometimes because I- I didn't want t-to hurt more and- and it never- it was never really nice- but- but he'd always drag me back by- by being- I- I don't know-" Quackity was losing track of his words and at this point just spilling everything about what Schlatt had done to him. Karl pulled him closer carefully, pulling him into a soft hug as he ranted on about his abuser.

Eventually he stopped talking and just sobbed as Karl hugged him. He cried and cried, and though Karl tried to comfort him it didn't really do much. It dragged on from a few minutes to around an hour, but his tears finally stopped flowing. Even if he wanted to cry more, he couldn't. He had cried all his tears out. Karl pet his hair softly, silently comforting him.

Quackity sniffled, finally calming down slowly and pulling away from Karl. All that crying had him exhausted, but he didn't want to go back to sleep. He thought about it, and for some reason, he felt a little better. Maybe he should've talked about it a long time ago... a lot of things would've been avoided.

He rubbed his eyes, that puffy feeling you have after crying all throughout his face. Karl was still rubbing his back softly. Quackity mumbled to himself, inaudible to Karl. "Alex..?" "...I'm tired." Quackity mumbled, his eyes red from all the crying he'd just done. "Alright, why don't you sleep for a little bit... I'll wake you up later. It's only 10 right now." Karl murmured, smiling at Quackity who laid down.

Karl covered Quackity with a blanket, and Quackity smiled, snuggling down into the bed. Venting to someone about your problems was a bit exhausting when you cry during it. "Night Alex.." Karl murmured, getting up and leaving as Quackity fell back asleep.

Oh by the way
Quackitys beanie
Fell down the cliff
When he almost Fell